Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 2:16:28 PM EDT
...I want to paint my rifle.  Being that it is a conglomeration of parts, the receivers are two different shades of grey and black.  So, I want to paint both of them black; how should I go about this?  I've seen some paint and bake plans posted before, any suggestions?  

also, I've never completely stripped either receiver, is there a tutorial anywhere to show how to take them apart and put them back together, as would be needed to paint them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Any pics of your rifle, what are you thinking of using to paint it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Any pics of your rifle, what are you thinking of using to paint it?

I think he is asking WHAT he should use to paint it.

Personally Id use the Duracoat. Ive had good luck with it and its lasted for years now.

also, I've never completely stripped either receiver, is there a tutorial anywhere to show how to take them apart and put them back together, as would be needed to paint them?

Goto the AR BUILD section, at the top there is a Tacked HOW-TO.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's this CAR, you can sort of see the coloring, but it's more distinct than it appears.

The red dot on top of the NEF break-barrel .223 goes on my CAR, it was just an experiment for that range trip...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
LoL..thats not bad at all. Not as bad as my latest build. Wait til I get the CoyoteBrown A1 buttstock.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
paint the upper to match the lower.

norells moly resin.

stickman's refinishing thread
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top