Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:54:36 PM EDT
I thought there was a thread here that shows you how to spot the fakes from the real ones. Does anyone have a link?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a hint ... The collapsible ones get shorter and the "fake" one do not.

That is the sure fire way to tell !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not clear what a fake is.  If it works, is it a fake?  Or are these airsoft fakes?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm not clear what a fake is.  If it works, is it a fake?  Or are these airsoft fakes?

During the big-bad assault rifle ban years, there were 'fake' telecopic stocks.  They gave the sexy-telescopic stock appearance, without the functionality.  They were fixed in one position.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought there was a thread here that shows you how to spot the fakes from the real ones. Does anyone have a link?

What do you consider fake when everyone and their bother is making a standard collapsible stock body?

Or are you referring to a fake Magpul, VLTOR, or LMT type stock?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here is a hint ... The collapsible ones get shorter and the "fake" one do not.

That is the sure fire way to tell !

Invisiblesoul

+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought there were Leapers stocks that worked like the real stocks, but the buffers and buffer tubes were made differently.

i.e. black vs gold buffers
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:27:07 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I have seen and read on this site - they are actually difficult to distinguish from one another (real v fake)

See if you can find the thread reviewing the LMT SOPMOD vs. the airsoft clone version. It is several pages and addresses the real v fake nuances of LMT's and other types of collapsibles

IIRC, its difficult unless you have them side by side.

edit: TM mongo001 did a thorough comparitive review. see it in the link below

ARCHIVE LINK

and

another good discussion - also archive listed
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for taking the time to dig up the links. I read through it and was almost motivated enough to buy the airsoft LMT stock until I saw that they're $100 for the airsoft/clone.

I thought I read somewhere that the airsoft/cheap/clones will use black buffers for the 4/6 position stock while the real ones use a gold colored buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top