Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 8:30:34 AM EDT
What is a good but reasonably priced spotting scope? hatThanks in advance!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at the cheaper scopes out there (tasco, Bausch & lomb), and I decided to take a step up to the Burris Landmark 20-60x80.  [url=natchezss.com]Natchez[/url] has it for $173, and it's very nice.  I can see .223 bullet holes very easily at 100 yards, and have no doubt that I could see them at 200.  Probably could see .308 well beyond that.  The optics are very clear.  My one advice would be to get a very solid tripod.  At 60x, a little wind vibration makes for a very shaky image!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Does nobody else shoot at the range and use a spotting scope???
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
[bounce]I do, I do![bounce]

It beats waiting for the oldtimers to finish their string of fire, before you can check groupings.

I found a used Champion's Choice on the EE here, for $250 w/ stand, 22x and 40x eyepieces
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It beats waiting for the oldtimers to finish their string of fire, before you can check groupings.
View Quote

[LOLabove]

"..funny, yet chillingly accurate.."  -Conan O'Brien

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I 've got an inexpensive,(nice word for cheap), Bushnell spotting scope. I don't know how I ever got along without it. You can easily see .223 holes at 100yrds with it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top