Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2015 10:24:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for some input on a spotting scope.  I'm in the market to purchase one and don't wanna break the bank.  Sole purpose is for the range and out to 300 yards.  Any recommendations?  Just want something decent enough up to 300 yards that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Thanks for any input and help you may have.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for some input on a spotting scope.  I'm in the market to purchase one and don't wanna break the bank.  Sole purpose is for the range and out to 300 yards.  Any recommendations?  Just want something decent enough up to 300 yards that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Thanks for any input and help you may have.
View Quote

Kronos makes a 20-60x80 for about $280 and a 20-60x100 for about $400

A bit better would be a Vortex Viper 20-60x80 for about $900

A big step up from that in quality would be a Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 for about $1400

A buy once cry once would be a Kowa TSN 773 77mm for about $1800

ETA:  Most of the scopes under $100 like the Simmons or the Tasco etc aren't worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the Redfield Revenge 20-60x80 the other day and I am pretty happy with it.  I am not totally certain how well it would do out to 300 as I have only had the opportunity to check it out to 200, but I think it would work fine.  If you look at the reviews, they are mostly pretty high.

Even at $280ish, I thought the price was kind of high, but between my birthday discount and the 15% off sale MidwayUSA had the other day, I wound up paying $230 shipped.  You should be able to find one for about $250ish.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top