Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 12:36:00 PM EDT
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm purchasing my first spotting scope as I am just beginning to shoot. I have heard that I should spend the money and buy a Kowa. I would like to hear a few more opinions, and whether or not I should spend the extra $$$ on a Kowa. If you like a less expensive scope please let me know what it is and why you like it. Thanks for your help!!!

- JM
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:05:15 PM EDT
Spend the $$$ for a Kowa. I didn't at first, opting for an inexpensive BSA. Huge mistake. Couldn't see the holes at 100yds, much less any further.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:19:16 PM EDT
Maybe more scope than you need, but here is a new review of 3:

http://www.6mmbr.com/spotterreview.html
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:26:57 PM EDT
I love my new Bushnell Spacemaster! Not the cheap one, but the one that is a bit over $300.00. I found the best price at Midway. It has a lifetime guarantee, and is crystal clear. It is the exact one in this review I have posted below...read it and you will be surprised..I have no regrets, and have money left over for ammo!!

http://www.snipercountry.com/inreviews/SpottingScopes.asp
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:04:54 PM EDT
I have a Bushnell Spa eMaster, but it doesn't hold a candle to Steve's Kowa. There is a HUGE deifference!

Be well!

damian@adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:06:36 PM EDT
When it comes to optics, you do get what you pay for.

Comsider only these brands and you will be OK: Kowa, Nikon, Pentax, Zeiss, Swarovski, and Optolyth.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:18:12 PM EDT
What kind of shooting are you doing?? That may help others assist you.

if you walk a Highpower line of fire, you will see ALOT of KOWA's I have had a TSN-1 for many years that has given me excellent service. Can see 7.62 bullet holes out to 200yds on a good day. can speak for the others as I have only owned a KOWA and would recommend it for service rifle and range use, but not as a hard use Hunting scope afield..
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:22:37 AM EDT
My intentions this year and next are to shoot service rifle matches only. Thank you to everyone for your feedback. It sounds like it's a pretty easy decision after hearing such great things about Kowa. Now I just have to get the wife to approve the budget! HA! Have a great weekend everyone.
Top Top