Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 6:16:00 PM EDT
Sportsmans Guide cancelled my 2 orders of ammo yesterday stating that sales to Reno Nevada are now restricted. Has anyone else had this situation or have any info on this. I checked with another ammo vendor and a local storefront dealer and they did not know of any restrictions. Or am I just lucky.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:20:14 PM EDT
No problem here in Carson City and I can't imagine such a problem in Reno. Could it have something to do with the fact that you are (apparently) a resident of Hawaii?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:22:43 PM EDT
Nothing would surprise me about Sportsman's Guide. I have had nothing but bad experiences with that company. Horrible customer service.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:38:03 PM EDT
Wow, about 7 years ago I got a case of 5.56 mil-surp from them and I lived in Reno. I can't think of anything that would be banned. That is a C3 friendly place. Strange.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:52:06 PM EDT
I have to disagree with the horrible customer service opinion above. Any time I have received something that I felt was not up to snuff I shipped it back with the enclosed return tag and received my money back no questions asked. they have top notch customer service in my book.

I do not know why they would not ship to Reno unless there are new city restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:55:55 PM EDT
Actually I am a resident of Nevada now, formerly of Hawaii. I still keep my Hawaii email account and cell number but that is the only vestiges. I have ordered ammo from SG for the last year and in fact took delivery of an order from them of the same ammo the day they cancelled my next 2 orders.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:05:36 AM EDT
Did you call them and ask them why they canceled the order?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:49:29 AM EDT
My experience with SG was good customer service response. I was really disappointed with some surplus .30-06 I got from them that came in M1 clips. About half of it was covered with blue/green corrosion. When I let them know what had happened, they gave me a full refund without asking that I return the ammo, so I got to keep the clips, which were not mint, but were certainly good usable clips. I agree with the previous advice, did you give 'em a call to see what is up?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:15:08 AM EDT
Yes, I did call them. They said ammo to Reno is now restricted. They implied other parts of Nevada are not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:50:47 AM EDT
Reno is close to California but not that close. Keep us posted on the progress, if any.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:31:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jaco:
Yes, I did call them. They said ammo to Reno is now restricted. They implied other parts of Nevada are not.

Have them clarify exactly why it is restricted then contact your council members, mayor, reps, etc and find out what happened. The chief of RPD was an a$$ when I lived there, but the town wasn't that anti-gun. Maybe somebody slipped in a back door city ord or something.

Do you have friends in Carson Valley or east I-80, maybe someone in Sparks that could accept your package? Maybe get a PO box in Carson?

I will look an see if I still have gun contacts or gun friends outside the city who would accept your package for you. I'm in OH right now, but I lived there for 10 years and I knew a LOT of people there. Heck, my name is probably still cursed by some there.

Is Frank's Guns still there? Frank is a good guy and I'm sure he is getting large qtys of ammo. Maybe he could accept delivery for you for a small fee.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:04:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 6:05:48 PM EDT by Captain_Picard]

Originally Posted By jaco:
Actually I am a resident of Nevada now, formerly of Hawaii. I still keep my Hawaii email account and cell number but that is the only vestiges. I have ordered ammo from SG for the last year and in fact took delivery of an order from them of the same ammo the day they cancelled my next 2 orders.

I know it's of little short term use, but in November go to the "Big Reno Show" at the Hilton and load up on ammo. You might also go to Miwall's internet site (www.outdoormarksman.com/) and see if you can order what you need as cheaply from them. They are the ammo vendor at the Reno gun shows.

I just got a bunch of 8mm Mauser ammo from SG no probs. God I hope Reno isn't becoming a pansy city.
Top Top