Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:26:13 AM EDT
I found these for sale at $9.47 a piece, has anyone bought and used them? Any comments?

Sportsman's Guide 20rd and 30rd AR15 Mags

I called them up and they said it was a mix of aluminum and steel mags. They were a mixed lot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
From Sportsmansguide, it's more then likely a USA mag.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm an AR15 newb, what does that mean? Aren't most AR15 mags made in the USA? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Not made in USA, but USA brand.  All new mag questions should look here first:
http://magfaq.tripod.com/

Quoted from there:
USA Magazines is the largest and most well-known aftermarket AR15 magazine manufacturer, though they make many other types of magazines as well. USA made 30 round magazines with both steel and aluminum bodies, and also made steel 40 round mags. These mags have no floorplate markings, and have round drain holes in the sides of the mag body on the top and bottom end of the mag.

USA magazines are often misleadingly advertised as "USGI" mags, especially the aluminum-bodied mags. These are quite possibly the worst AR mags on the market, and should be avoided. No brand markings
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!

I'm trying to cancel the order now

I'm still trying to find brand new 20rd mags that are the good kinds (USGI?)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Look here on the equipment exchange under magazines.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]
dont buy it, its probably shit.  Just wait a little while for some new 20 rounders to come out and they should be pretty cheap.

I know CMMG has some DPMS 20 rounders available in the EE
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
CMMG also has the straight LE 20rd mags, are those any good? They're $2 more than the DPMS.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top