Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 9:22:13 AM EDT
These aren't GI mags obviously and appear to be the pre-ban Pro Mag 20 rounders. Can anyone conform this? They list them as steel constructed with a black oxide finish. The mags aren't the curved style but appear to be made in the same exact shape of US GI 20 rounders. They also say that they are used as O.E.M. mags for Bushmaster, Armalite and Olympic Arms. Are these Pro Mag or something else? And more importantly, do they function? You can get 6 of them in brand new condition for $99.97 which would be a good price if they will work correctly. Anyone have experience with these mags?

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Give it a couple days and some dealer will show up defending the "mil-spec" claim [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up 4 pre-ban Colt 20-rounders (3 un-issued and one excellent used 5.56) over in the Equipment Exchange for the same $100 (including shipping) that you'll pay for those 6 ProMags.

I'd go with quality over quantity.  Mags that might not function correctly (the biggest cause of failure to feed) can be, at best, a real pain.

Years ago, I bought a couple of those plastic Ram-Line 30-rounders that fit both the AR-15 and the Mini-14 (since I have both).  I use them for plinking purposes only.  When the weapon sits ready for defensive use (either at home or in the car trunk), it has a good quality mag in it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy, I've got one of those 20 rounders...I don't know where I got it, or when...but it's been flawless for as long as I've had it...and it was the ONLY mag I used with 3 different rifles for a year, 'til I found the DPMS 10 rounders.  I do about 90% of my shooting from the bench, and all of my 30 rounders were just too damn long.  I suppose I got lucky, but that mag just never caused me any problems.  Weird thing is, now I can't find it again lol.  It's like it came into my life, filled a viod, then left again when I didn't need it.  Now if I could just convince Anna K. to do the same thing [:D]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top