Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2011 12:11:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/22/2011 12:12:16 PM EDT by mspiredm3]
Thought I'd give a shot at coloring in some things on my AR. I think it came out pretty good. Tried a couple things trying to see what I liked as you will see.

I used Testor's model paint, Testor's paint thinner, very fine paint brushes, Q-tips, and a Xacto knife.

The paint did leave some haze after rubbing off the excess. Will try some break cleaner tomorrow to see if that fully removes it.

I think I at the end, perfected my method in order to avoid any hazing and making a huge mess.

My point and shoot camera is on it's last legs and produced horrible pics, so cell phone pics will have to do for now till I get my DSLR soon.

Also played with my Ruger p944:

Used a metalic brass color, which was a PAIN IN THE *** to clean up!

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:12:44 PM EDT
Here was a pic I forgot to add. It was the same metalic brass color. I liked the look, but again, the metalic paint was a B1TCH to work with and wasn't coming out clean :(

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:40:52 PM EDT
Hmmmmmm... That's not retro!  Certainly not an Armalite as Stoner intended.  I need to wash my eyes out!  Guess I am just an old fart.  BTW, wrong board on AR15.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:48:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By imarangemaster:
Hmmmmmm... That's not retro!  Certainly not an Armalite as Stoner intended.  I need to wash my eyes out!  Guess I am just an old fart.  BTW, wrong board on AR15.com

Ooops! Clicked the wrong section! Mods, please delete
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:00:09 PM EDT
Top Top