Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2012 9:02:06 PM EDT
Thoughts on Spikes upper's. I am doing my first AR build an looking for a complete upper, 1in7 twist 16" or possible 18". Would like something with quad rails but that not a deal breaker. I don't want to spend tons of money. Looking for a more tactical set up.
Thanks for any suggestions and comments.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
spikes is one of the best ones around i have several of their products and have a complete upper and lower on the way. fit and finish are great and they pay great attention to detail and i love there SAR rail.
and if you do order from them id suggest upgrading to the Nickle boron BCG best upgrade for an upper IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The 10.5" I got from AIM has never had a malfunction.  Currently on a pistol lower but will be an SBR when I get off my ass and submit the paperwork.......
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
GTG. Function and accuracy has been excellent on both of mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my upper from spikes.  Its a good barrel, and I like the 12" BAR rail- lighter weight than I expected.
They are good to go.  Just expect a bit of wait time
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Just what I wanted to hear
Thanks for the input. Ordered a Spikes lpk today to install into an AGP lower.
Planing on purchasing a 16" complete upper.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I've done quite a bit of research, reading forums and customer reviews on Spikes tactical and saw one in a local shop here in GA.  The clerk that helped me was retired Army and just retired as a cop.  He said they fly off the shelves as soon as they get them in.  I was impresses enough to order a complete upper and lower from Spikes.  Too bad I'll have to wait a month or two to get it but i think its worth the wait.  I got a 10% LEO discount also.  I think Spikes is right up there with Colt and Bravo Co.  I was gonna go Daniel Defense but the pricing of Spikes won me over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top