Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2011 12:33:05 PM EST
I am just starting to build my first AR. The options are overwhelming! So far I have a Spikes Lower receiver with RRA lower parts kit. I was looking into a RRA 16 Inch Varmint A4 Upper Half. My question is if a Spikes Lower will have a good fit or not with this upper? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:53:29 PM EST
Fit between receivers of any brand, whether that be of the same brand or varied, will solely depend on the individual pair that you might get. No one that has the same combo can advise how your combo will fit. RRA purposely specs their receivers to be on the tight side of the spectrum because they cater to folks that think that tight fit means a more accurate gun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:33:39 PM EST
Thank you
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 7:35:04 PM EST
My RRA does fit tighter on my spikes, then my other frankin upper. But it's something you actually have to be looking for. Im very please with my spikes. Very good fit on everything.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:12:56 AM EST
I just completed a build using a Spikes lower and a Spikes upper. The initial fit was extremely tight (but required no additional work to fit) but it did loosen a bit after about 1000 rounds. I love Spikes products and my gun smith constantly tells me how nicely they are made when he's working on my gun.

I think you will be very happy with your build when it's completed.
Top Top