Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2013 10:01:21 AM EDT
I know, I know... Extra lame, but:

I've got a dedicated .22 that I'm adding a MI keymod rail to.  It's pretty slim.  Their website says 1.5"  I would like to run the Spikes can to shorten the gun up (allows me to not add the length of a muzzle device).  Does anybody know if the fake can (measures 1.25" outside diameter) would fit inside the MI rail?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, Brownells says that the barrel has to be .720 behind the flash hider.  I would assume that my CMMG M4 dedicated .22 barrel would work for this?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Find a thread protector, or have one made, if not running a muzzle device is your concern.

MI handguard is 1.3"ID, so if everything was perfectly centered it should work, but with less than 1/16th of an inch clearance on any side it will almost certainly contact with any sort of loading.

Also we don't live in a perfect world, so it's almost certain something (barrel, receiver, handguard, or barrelshroud) will not be centered (everything is made to a tolerance afterall), and likely nothing will be and it will contact.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he wants a VIZMOD of a SBR with suppressor
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#4]
^^ More or less. I just think it's a kinda cool looking way to get a shorter rifle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a MI gen 2 T series handguard on my 15-22 S&W and it fits fine under that. I do not know the difference in specs from the MI handguard you are insterested in vs mine though.  

Chad
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top