Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:17:58 AM EDT
I'm considering getting a Specter CQB 3 pt. tactical sling for my RRA Entry Tactical.  The question I have is do I want one with an ERB (emergency release buckle) or not?  What purpose does the ERB serve?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The theory is, if you get tangled up in something or have to ditch your weapon in a hurry you hit the ERB and it will fall away. It is also easier to get on and or off - sometimes.

I have heard one person say the ERB failed and the weapon dropped to the ground. He then taped the thing so it wouldn't do that again. Of course he couldn't use it that way either.

That said, I have 3 specter slings with the ERB and one without. They have never failed on me and I like them.

If you want one that is really bomb proof, get it without the ERB and save a few bucks. If you want the sling to be a little more convenient, get the ERB.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top