Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 12:02:10 PM EDT
Just got in a HST sling in OD direct from Specter Gear and the webbing is much more a forest green than an olive drab. I have a couple of the SOP deployment slings from them when they where CQB Solutions and they are olive drap.
There is a HUGE difference in these two colors even though they are both supposed to be OD.

Anyone else run into this problem?
I tried calling them today but the phone number that is on there website is currently in FAX mode.

Not happy with this but the sling is otherwise a nice sling.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Wilderness single point sling and it was a more like the "Foliage Green" and didn't like it.  I just got my ASP from JTrusty and it is a real OD color and it is the best sling I've ever had of any type of any type.  I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

TS
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]

the webbing is much more a forest green than an olive drab

Unless you are doing your own dye lots and custom webbing runs its nearly impossible to expect color match from lot to lot from the same manufacturer let alone from multiple manufacturers. I can't speak for Specter Gear, because I have no idea if they run their own, or purchase from a supplier, but a color match is a guarantee if you utilize MIL-SPEC webbing. It has to be or the MIL rejects it. I made the switch to MIL-SPEC webbing early on when I realized the problem of consistent color lots. Plus you are guaranteed that your order of OD #7 is going to be OD #7 each and every time.

It could be that they changed suppliers, or even changed colors. Was it advertised as OD? Either way, I am sure they would be more than happy to answer your correspondence. Give them a call or write them an email.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea I didn't expect it to be an exact color match. Its just such and extreme difference. And yes it was advertised/marked OD.
Will give them a call in the morning. If that doesn't go thru will try email.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If you decide to send it back be sure to call/e-mail them and get a ReturnAuthorizationNumber.  If they receive a package from you and it isn't on the outside of the package they'll just send it straight back to you.  Don't ask how I know this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Specter's MOUT and HST slings and they are different colors.  One is OD and the other is more forest green.  Quite frankly I could give a $hit.  Green is pretty much green in my book and my equipment gets so dirty and beat up it's a wash.  My slings are tools and not fashion statements.

Rant over,
MadDog
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Got a hold of Specter and they gave me a RA for this sling and are going to swap it for a black one. Was told that this forest green is there current OD.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top