User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2012 10:15:24 AM EDT
What is going on with this company.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Seriously?    Some major players in the firearms business have shut down their websites and their phones because they cannot keep up with the panic buying.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's Christmas Eve for them And they are probably worn out from the last weeks rush.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
They were not answering one month before Newtown shooting or since Obama got ellected again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Knowing Ken "The Colt Whisperer" Elmore as much by reputation as through experience, it wouldn't surprise me if he's said "fuck it, it's Christmas break" by now.  

In the best of times, he's got... optimistic pricing, but for some items if you're looking for a genuine Colt part - he's the only game in town, and the man knows his stuff better than probably anyone outside of Colt itself, and most of the ones there, too.  

That being said - he's also got a legendarily low tolerance for bullshit, making him seem unwelcoming to many civilian/commercial buyers.  Personally I've never had any problems with him in my few dealings with him, and would trust him over anyone to work on my ARs, particularly a Colt, but you need to approach him knowing what you're talking about, but not coming off either like a big shot know it all, or a clueless rubbernecker.  

Panic season does not exactly bring out all the best types of customers.  Which is not to necessarily say that you are not - I don't know you at all, or how you tried to contact them, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Elmore got fed up quicker than most.  

I suspect he'll get back to you all in good time, but I would give you dead even odds of getting an answer this year.

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
not technical
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top