Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:25:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 3:27:56 PM EDT by atkamano]
A couple years back there was a show on I believe USA Network that hosted a challenge in which special forces guys from all branches of the millitary competed for the grand prize of being called "the best" (+ money, im sure). The producers of the show launched a huge recruitment campaign to get as many special forces guys to come on the show and compete as they can. (Think Survivor with real special forces people)

Anyways, on the recruitment page they listed who they want to be on the show: Navy Seals, Delta Forces, Green Berets, Rangers.....the usual. I kept on reading the list until one thing stood out: Tango 39 (I think it was 39, but I might be wrong on the number).

I clicked on the link as to get a description on what this special forces team is about, and why they want them on the show. After reading it, I understood why. Apparently members of this special team are hand picked from all of the special forces teams in the military, the toughest, baddest guys they can find. These guys are then rigorously trained in hostage reconnaissance missions, and are entrusted to save the life of the President of the United States in case he/she gets kidnapped. A few days after reading that article, the webpage from the site mysteriously disappeared.

I have tried to research the internet but have not come up with any more information about these guys.

I am requesting any information people might have of this mysterious special forces team. (weapons, tactics..anything)

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:29:15 PM EDT
Never heard of tango 39 but maybe thats another name for DForce ..
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:30:59 PM EDT
The show was Combat Missions, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:42:07 PM EDT
That's right, combat missions. I have never heard of Dforce. What do they do?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:44:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By atkamano:

Delta Force
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:44:26 PM EDT
There are military units out there, of which you will find no Internet reference.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:49:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Backstop:
There are military units out there, of which you will find no Internet reference.

And there are major commands that list their Chain of Command office numbers on publicly accessible web pages
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 3:59:27 PM EDT by Backstop]

Originally Posted By nationwide:

And there are major commands that list their Chain of Command office numbers on publicly accessible web pages

Really?

I'm serious.

EDIT: and are you mocking my statement, or just adding a comment?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:12:23 PM EDT

Really?

I'm serious.

EDIT: and are you mocking my statement, or just adding a comment?

There was a link posted that I was able to access that had the office numbers of various staff level officers of the US Navy Atlantic Fleet, including, IIRC the Admiral in charge of the Atlantic Submarine force
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:12:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ramy98:

Delta Force

IIRC, Special Forces Operational Detachment- Delta, aka SFOD-D.

Google it, and you'll prolly find something.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:18:27 PM EDT

There was a link posted that I was able to access that had the office numbers of various staff level officers of the US Navy Atlantic Fleet, including, IIRC the Admiral in charge of the Atlantic Submarine force

Interesting.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:33:31 PM EDT

Interesting.

My favorite was when i purchased a couple of surplus Cisco routers off of E-Bay. Well turns out they came from a DRMO office, only problem was they forgot to wipe the IOS from the router. The damn things were password protected. That was easy to get around, necessary to wipe the IOS and start fresh. The funny thing was the fact that it had the listings for the base IT offices and officer in charge information on the screen at login. everything was theren, commercial and DSN numbers. Names, addresses and everything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:34:14 PM EDT

A couple years back there was a show on I believe USA Network that hosted a challenge in which special forces guys from all branches of the millitary competed for the grand prize of being called "the best" (+ money, im sure). The producers of the show launched a huge recruitment campaign to get as many special forces guys to come on the show and compete as they can. (Think Survivor with real special forces people)

Anyways, on the recruitment page they listed who they want to be on the show: Navy Seals, Delta Forces, Green Berets, Rangers.....the usual. I kept on reading the list until one thing stood out: Tango 39 (I think it was 39, but I might be wrong on the number).

I clicked on the link as to get a description on what this special forces team is about, and why they want them on the show. After reading it, I understood why. Apparently members of this special team are hand picked from all of the special forces teams in the military, the toughest, baddest guys they can find. These guys are then rigorously trained in hostage reconnaissance missions, and are entrusted to save the life of the President of the United States in case he/she gets kidnapped. A few days after reading that article, the webpage from the site mysteriously disappeared.

I have tried to research the internet but have not come up with any more information about these guys.

I am requesting any information people might have of this mysterious special forces team. (weapons, tactics..anything)

I have worked with what I thougth was all of the high speed guys, but never heard of Tango 39. That is a new one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:44:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 5:24:20 PM EDT by absit]
I don't know any more than anyone else, and if I did I couldn't tell you anyway, heh. But I do know that there are numerous units out there that no one will ever know the name of, and there are security clearances that you need a security clearance just to know the names of.

Not to sound TOO cloak and dagger, but there really are things that go bump in the night, and it's them. Any public information would be cool, I kinda doubt it'll ever show up though :/ What you described DOES sound a lot like Delta though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:54:58 PM EDT
Yellow Fruit, anyone?

Or perhaps a glass of Seaspray?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:43:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Capn_Crunch:

Delta Force

The unit also goes by CAG.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:47:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:47:50 PM EDT
What does any of this have to do with AR15s?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:

They used M-4s in Combat Missions.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 5:57:06 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]

+1

we dont even know the right NAME of this group, let alone know for a fact what kinda weapons they use...if they even exist

IBTL

P.S: why would a super secret SPEC-OP group have a website/link about em? here one min and gone the next--someone got to em?

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:45:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 2:46:45 AM EDT by Backstop]

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:

+1

we dont even know the right NAME of this group, let alone know for a fact what kinda weapons they use...if they even exist

IBTL

P.S: why would a super secret SPEC-OP group have a website/link about em? here one min and gone the next--someone got to em?

Sandy Berger 'borrowed' some of their documents, and sold the movie rights to the USA Network. They had no choice but to disappear.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:12:19 AM EDT
I remember this show and enjoyed watching it. I really could never understand why they invited SWAT guys to compete with Navy SEALS or Delta Operators...just not fair.
I have some familiarity with many of the wolrds Spec Ops units and Tango 39 is not one that I have heard of. Keep in mind, that Delta is not even officially recognized by our govt. though I belive this has changed since the war on terror. Delta is the best in the buisness for special forces type missions, they only rivals may come from within the CIA. The CIA operates its own "army" which they refer to as "para military forces". They are highly trained ex-special forces operatives that conduct ultra secret "combat" missions all over the world. They are typically conducting missions in "hostile" territory such as Iran or NK looking for nuke weapons facilities or the like.
Ultra secret, no-name, no country kind of work. Delta force and even the Navy SEALS participate in clandestine missions and are at war while we are at "peace" but they are known entities of the US govt. Some secret team composed of ex Delta or ex Seal operators wearing no equipment or markings which could id them as American are not. Trust that there are secret teams and units which carry out the most secretive and dangerous missions in the world that we don't even know about and probably wont. IIRC, there was a unit called "Grey Fox" or something like that which was a covert CIA paramilitary force whose identity was leaked recently. Some research on this team may aid your search.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:24:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 3:25:06 AM EDT by Stryfe]
How secret can this team have been if television producers knew of their existence, advertised for them, and presumably had some way of verifying a candidate had served with them?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:43:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ryno_the_wyno:
I remember this show and enjoyed watching it. I really could never understand why they invited SWAT guys to compete with Navy SEALS or Delta Operators...just not fair.
I have some familiarity with many of the wolrds Spec Ops units and Tango 39 is not one that I have heard of. Keep in mind, that Delta is not even officially recognized by our govt. though I belive this has changed since the war on terror. Delta is the best in the buisness for special forces type missions, they only rivals may come from within the CIA. The CIA operates its own "army" which they refer to as "para military forces". They are highly trained ex-special forces operatives that conduct ultra secret "combat" missions all over the world. They are typically conducting missions in "hostile" territory such as Iran or NK looking for nuke weapons facilities or the like.
Ultra secret, no-name, no country kind of work. Delta force and even the Navy SEALS participate in clandestine missions and are at war while we are at "peace" but they are known entities of the US govt. Some secret team composed of ex Delta or ex Seal operators wearing no equipment or markings which could id them as American are not. Trust that there are secret teams and units which carry out the most secretive and dangerous missions in the world that we don't even know about and probably wont. IIRC, there was a unit called "Grey Fox" or something like that which was a covert CIA paramilitary force whose identity was leaked recently. Some research on this team may aid your search.

dude they are the newer version of the "grey panthers"

BTW..anybody seen my roll of tin foil....?

ETA:i do beleive that there are teams that we will never know the names of ...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:01:44 AM EDT
So who ended up winning the show????
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:18:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stryfe:

They used M-4s in Combat Missions.

IIRC, they were all A2's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:29:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 9:31:23 AM EDT by redfisher]
here is the semi-official DELTA FORCE web site

sounds ridiculous to even say that, but check it out--------->Special Operations: Delta Force

More info on Delta @ GlobalSecurity.org----> Click Here
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:34:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Firelotus:

The 2 finalists were Bob Kane from LAPD SWAT and a guy from I think Miami SWAT. The Miami SWAT guy won. Ironic though, since someone mentioned above that they didn't think it was fair to have SWAT operators on it. That is if he meant the military operators had the advantage over SWAT operators.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:44:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 11:32:33 AM EDT by FlyingFive0]
I watched most of the shows and wasn't too impressed with most of the competitors. I guess that could be contributed to the script writers and what we didn't see going on behind the scenes also.
Here is link to some of the show info.
www.tv.com/combat-missions/show/8606/episode_guide.html
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:48:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:48:17 PM EDT
IIRC, the finals had two SWAT guys.

Up until the finals, the show was somewhat interesting. If you watched the finals, the ending was really stupid....

To win, the winner had to shoot the other guy in the face (within a small circle on the helmet face shield). It degraded down to a wrestling match with each guy holding a pistol and wrestling to keep from getting shot in the face. It was very dissapointing...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:22:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BravoSierra:

Delta Force

Naval Aviation term: CAG = Carrier Airwing Group
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:43:35 PM EDT
Rut Ro.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:46:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 3:48:45 PM EDT by Dace]
One of the competitors in that show was KIA in Iraq. IIRC he was one of those contractors killed by Iraqis and hung on the bridge in Faluja promting the big military crack down there.

www.navyseals.com/community/resources/helvenston.cfm

www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/04/03/build/nation/55-civilian-fatality-iraq.inc
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:48:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CK:

Delta Force

bzzzzzzzt
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 4:15:01 PM EDT by SSeric02]

Originally Posted By CK:

Delta Force

Actually, it's Commander, Air Group. The term Carrier Airwing Group was replaced with Carrier Air Wing years ago, but the use of CAG has remained for the commander of the Carrier Air Wing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:54:06 PM EDT
CAG is actually the "new" name for the D-boys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:58:03 PM EDT
I was referring to the actual naval use of the acronym in response to a previous post. Sorry, but I'm disinterested in what the internet says about what certain special missions units call themselves.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:21:55 PM EDT
What about "Omega Force"? Supposedlly they are soooooooooooo wicked that the government has sworn never to use them against caucasians.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:38:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OfficerLow:

The 2 finalists were Bob Kane from LAPD SWAT and a guy from I think Miami SWAT. The Miami SWAT guy won. Ironic though, since someone mentioned above that they didn't think it was fair to have SWAT operators on it. That is if he meant the military operators had the advantage over SWAT operators.

Most of the missions were of short duration, and cqb type missions.
The lead in tasks were more military oriented, I think, but the main mission for the week tended toward something the SWAT guys would have been familiar with.

Originally Posted By FlyingFive0:
I watched most of the shows and wasn't too impressed with most of the competitors. I guess that could be contributed to the script writers and what we didn't see going on behind the scenes also.
Here is link to some of the show info.
www.tv.com/combat-missions/show/8606/episode_guide.html

The SEALs on the show were a big dissapointment. I'd have thought they'd have done a better job working together. That is not a criticism. I'm certainly in no position to judge. Just my impression.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:39:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dace:
One of the competitors in that show was KIA in Iraq. IIRC he was one of those contractors killed by Iraqis and hung on the bridge in Faluja promting the big military crack down there.

www.navyseals.com/community/resources/helvenston.cfm

www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/04/03/build/nation/55-civilian-fatality-iraq.inc

more
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:01:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BravoCompanyUSA:

Originally Posted By OfficerLow:

I thought the finals were a SWAT and a SEAL operator, with the SWAT guy winning. ?

That was the final three, then they cut it down to two with a run and gun timed course. The SEAL lost because they issued them some of those crap see through plastic Eagle mags......the guy did a reload and couldn't get it to seat properly after banging the $hit out of it, he kept cycling it and the bolt face continued shaving metal off the top of the cartidge, jamming it up. Sucked because if they would have used proper mags he could have won, if I remember he was in the lead when he had to stop to clear the rifle, never got it fixed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 8:04:08 PM EDT by Horik]
Delta have the best in flight movies.

Should'nt this be in Gen. discussions?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:55:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jasba:
The SEAL lost because they issued them some of those crap see through plastic Eagle mags......the guy did a reload and couldn't get it to seat properly after banging the $hit out of it, he kept cycling it and the bolt face continued shaving metal off the top of the cartidge, jamming it up. Sucked because if they would have used proper mags he could have won, if I remember he was in the lead when he had to stop to clear the rifle, never got it fixed.

It wasn't a see through plastic Eagle mag. They were using simunitions and the sim mags are clear. The barrels were blue, indicating sims.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:11:34 PM EDT
You all forgot to mention the CIA spooks they had on there those are some crazy bastards. Delta is pretty crazy but CIA spooks are probably the craziest.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:29:21 PM EDT
What about the Megaforce Commandos? Dont they use full auto AR15s?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:06:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ryno_the_wyno:
I remember this show and enjoyed watching it. I really could never understand why they invited SWAT guys to compete with Navy SEALS or Delta Operators...just not fair.[/red

Why is it not fair?

We (DOE SRT) were on the list of approved operators and were trying to scramblea team together when we were shot down by our superiors. Would have been a great time. Everyone always thinks they are the "best" at everything when really people are just more specialized at certain things and certain areas.

One team may be great at cqc while another is great at eod. Its just all in the training. Of course I was never in that unit.. *cough*
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:46:11 AM EDT
CAG= Combat Applications Group
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:52:30 AM EDT
Goback, you are DOE? I shot with some DOE Agents out of Pantex/Amarillo this spring. Hombres duros. Good shooters too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:44:56 AM EDT
CAG= Civil Afairs Group
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:03:27 AM EDT
CAG=Canadian Association on Gerontology
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top