Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:19:37 PM EDT
I have seen advertised from Ammo dealers, Federal M855 5.56 "Not For Duty Use".  Can someone define this label for me ?  Good for plinking ?
.....thanks "G"
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:25:49 PM EDT
It is rejected contract ammo that is sold to lowly civilians after it fails the testing/specifications of the contractee.

Fine to shoot, fine to use, fine to keep, fine to hoard, and just fine to make holes in just about anything with. Chances are it will make holes in anything you point it at and go bang 99.8% of the time. Nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:59:40 PM EDT
Mattyvac.....thanks for the headsup........good info...."G"
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:32:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
It is rejected contract ammo that is sold to lowly civilians after it fails the testing/specifications of the contractee.

Fine to shoot, fine to use, fine to keep, fine to hoard, and just fine to make holes in just about anything with. Chances are it will make holes in anything you point it at and go bang 99.8% of the time. Nothing to worry about.

+1
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:01:46 PM EDT
Here is a good example.
A local Police Dept here in my area wanted some ammo that was the best effective man stopper they could get.
They wanted something that caused massive tissue damage and did not over penetrate.
This ammo shown was like the Eagle Talon made by Winchester some years back, The bullet mushroomed with sharp edges.
After they had it for awhile they finally used it on some bad guys and the doctors at the hospital told the Police dept that they would not treat gun shot victims, shot with this ammo.
It seems that it cut their rubber gloves and the doctors hands when they tried to remove the bullets from the bad guys.
The Police dept traded in all the unused ammo and got new ammo that was doctor friendly.
The public got this stuff at a great deal ($10 per box of 50).
It is excellent ammo and shoots great.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:04:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:58:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rockyriver:
Here is a good example.
A local Police Dept here in my area wanted some ammo that was the best effective man stopper they could get.
They wanted something that caused massive tissue damage and did not over penetrate.
This ammo shown was like the Eagle Talon made by Winchester some years back, The bullet mushroomed with sharp edges.
After they had it for awhile they finally used it on some bad guys and the doctors at the hospital told the Police dept that they would not treat gun shot victims, shot with this ammo.
It seems that it cut their rubber gloves and the doctors hands when they tried to remove the bullets from the bad guys.
The Police dept traded in all the unused ammo and got new ammo that was doctor friendly.
The public got this stuff at a great deal ($10 per box of 50).
It is excellent ammo and shoots great.

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/Rockyriver1234/AR15%20Stuff/DSCN1293.jpg

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/Rockyriver1234/AR15%20Stuff/DSCN1294.jpg

Now that's sold as "Premium Law Enforcement" ammo  

But the XM855 "not for duty use" is not the awesome "not law enforcement duty use" HST.  I

Also there was some HST recalled a few years ago sold "not for duty use" in white bulk boxes as it failed inspection.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:28:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2011 5:28:42 AM EDT by Eric802]
Dupe
Top Top