Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:53:12 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

I have a pair of No-Ban AR's and I was wondering if anybody has a list of the small parts that they always have "just in case". I've seen packages of parts for sale, and they are always pretty close to having the same stuff in them, but I wanted to get some "non-partisan" thoughts on the subject.

Also, where do you get your parts from? I need to get a couple detent springs and seems like the shipping is 20x as much as the springs themselves.

And finally, I just put my 6-position RRA stock on my lower and there seems to be quite a bit of threading left between the stock itself and the rear of the lower. Is this normal? I put a lot of umpf into it and thats as far as I could get it!

Whew...

Thanks for your time,
Chris
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Yes that is normal on the buffer tube/threading. There is a little bit of threading showing, as this is normal.

part: i order small parts (springs etc) from www.georgiaprecision.com. after you click on all the items you want, you click on shipping, click "small parts" and the shipping is $1.95 or cheaper if they can get them to you in a smaller envelope.

here is a link to a spare type kit i am going to pick up (thanks to Mr.wilson in my thread who gave me the link)
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/arpartskit.asp

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I order small parts (anything that is springy or is a detent type of thing ) everytime I order stuff from the various vendors to make the cost up to the shipping catagory (ie if I got a $78 stock, and the shipping catagory is $75-$100= $5 shipping, I just fill the rest of the remainder with small parts).  When you get the parts, label well and store together.  That way, if any part ever breaks, hopefully you will have a well stocked selection to pull a replacement from
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
A few items I like to keep around when out shooting:

Firing Pin
Firing Pin Retaining Pin (cotter pin)
Extractor
Extractor spring

I keep a full set of spare springs and detents for when I do gunsmithing.  The Buttstock spring (Takedown Pin Detent Helical Spring) is easy to damage during butt stocks swaps so that is a good one to have around.  Most any of the springs and detents are easy to damage or misplace.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top