Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:41:11 AM EDT
How many of you guys order your spare parts only from the company that manufactured your rifle, such as only Colt parts for your Colt rifles, Bushmaster parts for Bushmaster rifles, etc. I'm speaking strictly of smaller parts such as extractors, bolts, pins, etc.

I'm not trying to revive the much-beaten dead horse "Colt is the best" debate, but I'm just looking for a good parts supplier. I know Colt uses MP tested bolts and their parts are top-notch, but I see ads for AR parts in Shotgun News all the time. I want to keep a few spare parts in my range box, but I want to make sure that they are as good quality-wise as what's in my rifles now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the direction I'm looking to go Stick, but I don't need that many. Well, maybe I shouldn't say I don't "need" them. I have four ARs (three Colts, one Stag) so I should have enough spare parts for all, right?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
whoa.  that's cool.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Dammit Stick, even your tool box photos look great!

I'm no armorer, but I am looking to put together a box of spare parts for things that can easily be fixed in the field.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Stag Arms lower parts kit that I use for spare parts.

Individual parts are also available at the Stag Arms online store or from your dealers.

I got Colt large FCG pins for my two Colts (A3 middy and A2 rifle).

My other one is a LMT Defender 2000 M4 CAR.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I started my spares box by buying the kits offered by Bushmaster. Over the yesars it has grown, but it’s not quite as extensive as the boxes used by others........ it gets me by.

If you look close there’s a little free advertising for Chris at Eagle Firearms!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Well you guys did it again.

Now after seeing your great, organized kits I am going to have to take my spare parts out of the zip lock bags and get organized.

Great pics, and thanks for the motivation !!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I only have colt weapons! So I will buy only colt parts!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I only have colt weapons! So I will buy only colt parts!!

Do you order directly from Colt? I have three Colts and a Stag, so I'd probably get Colt parts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top