Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 1:13:51 PM EDT
I have decided that I have delayed long enough and need to buy a backup parts kit for my AR.  Where do you guys recommend that I buy from for quality parts for a reasonable price.  I don't want them to break down or cause any malfunction to save a penny, nor, do I want to be paying outrageous prices for a small spring or metal part.

Thanks,

Martin

P.S.

Webstites or company names appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster or DPMS good reputable parts and kits
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Firing pin, spare extractor, and a couple of heavy duty extractor springs (from Wolff Gunsprings) ought to be all you'll ever need. Add a couple of spare extractor spring inserts, and cotter pins in case you lose one, and you're set for life.

Re where to get them, I would not recommend Bushmaster. Not that the parts aren't good; they're fine. It's just that Bushie gets outrageous shipping charges. Try Southeast Gunparts [url]www.usgunparts.com[/url] Been dealing w/them for years. They sell DPMS and GI surplus parts, and won't break your wallet w/shipping charges[:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I get all my spare parts from Tommy at Georgia Precision. He has a shipping option for small parts in light packages that does it for me. Plus, they support the site and are Great People as well.

MM419
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top