Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 5:24:22 AM EDT
Ive been using this ammo in .223 62gr penatratorfor a while now and find its great,  and have ordered a bunch more from Sportsmansguide, but I found that Cheaperthandirt is selling Santa Barbra in .308, 147gr.....I ordered 20 boxes to try out, hope it is as reliable as the .223, and its less than $4.00 a box of 20!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Bloke,
I have heard excellent reports on the santa barbara .308 over on the FALfiles.

I called cheaperthandirt and they actually have a cheaper price per box if you order a case, but that price is not reflected if you plug it in one the web site.

If you like it, you may want to get on the phone with them and check on it.

Also, EVERYONE loves the Aussie .308 on strippers and bandoleers that has been around.
Buy it by the case to save big money on shipping.
www.dansammo.com is one of the best places to buy it. He recently sold out, but a new shippment is on the way.
There is a good thread with chrono info for popular mil-surplus 7.62x51 ammo on the FALfiles here:  http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41127

Hope this helps
alan
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi BroncoMafia,
I just got through 100 rounds of the .308, 60 in my FAL and 40 in my bolt gun...Shoots great, im going to order a bunch more now before it all goes...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top