Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 5:59:12 AM EDT
The Sportsman's Guide has 400 round battlepacks for $64.95. It is chronoed @ 3020 fps. Manufactured in the 1990's. Should I buy?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I've also purchased some from SG and it is sweet shooting stuff.  My RA M-96 will consistently put five rounds in a 1 inch group at 100 yds (If I do my part, and there's not much wind blowing).  Some claim that it isn't loaded as hot as other brands of SS109s.  I've never chronographed any of it so I'm not sure.  I do know it is extremely accurate in both my AR-15 And M-96. I'll trade slightly less volocity for more accuracy. It's good stuff give it a try I think you'll like it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 60rnds yesterday and got to try it out today. 93 was stamped on the case head,didnt have my chrono with me but I would have  to say the stuff I got is way hot or soft brass. YMMV though,I would at least check over some fired cases before I stocked up on a lot of it.HTH
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
far as im concerned its crap, bought 1200rds from sg, ive got a 16" cmmg/dpms 5.56mm chamber chromed barrel and chamber. tore the shoulder off and it got stuck in the chamber , had  to poke it out with my cleaning rod! sent it back for a full refund.
            meat
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top