Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:25:01 PM EDT
I tried this in optics/sights, but got no takers. I have a Bushy A3 flat top in .308. I mounted a set of DPMS detachable front/rear sights. With sights fully adjusted, the rifle is shooting 24"+ low at 25 yards. The rail and gas block rail are visibly not level with each other. I can figure the height difference, but is there a spacer to bring them level?
Thanks
Thom
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:52:01 AM EDT
Are you using a front sight that is meant for a rail or a gas block? There are 2 different heights out there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:39:06 AM EDT
BTDT with my daughter's 22.

I decided to replace the front site rather than get a riser for the rear sight.

BUT, those are your options....quick fix is a riser on the upper under the rear sight.

No Expert

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:04:09 AM EDT
If you are using the mangonel front, I had the similar problem. Get a regular BUIS group. If you have the rail gas block (they should be standard now from what I've heard) just get a YH or other rear sight. Personally, on a 308, I like the KAC 300-600 meter sight. I've made reliable hits with an SR25 using those at 600M steel.

The mangonel has two positions, and I believe that they say one is for rail mounting while one is for gas block. I was never able to make it work, even with a 100m zero.

Let me know what you work out, if you don't mind.
Top Top