Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2004 12:00:21 PM EDT
On my only "homebuilt" AR, the fit between the upper and lower is not so perfect and snug like my Bushmasters.  I didn't build it myself, I bought it used.

There is just barely enough space to see light across the lower mating surfaces, looking from the side.  But in the rear of the upper, where it meets the part of the lower that curls up toward the charging handle, there is about 1/16 inch space.  It's enough that I can get a glimpse of the action spring when the receiver is pinned shut.

Is this a problem?

I've heard that GI M16s have a lot more play between the upper and lower than modern commercial ARs.  I'm not bothered by the look- I just want to know if it's a sign of trouble or just a cosmetic matter.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it matters too much. My Colt is that way and it shoots fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top