Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 8:21:23 AM EDT
What are the most common worn/broken parts in the AR system? All I can think of is:

Buffer Spring
Extracter Spring
Extracter
Firing Pin Retaining Pin
Firing Pin
Bolt

Please tell me if I missed any...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
knock on wood

but i have a few rifles that are near the 10k mark and have never needed anything changed
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I keep some  carrier rebuild kits,spare bolts,disconectors,bolt catch mag catch assemblys,hammer,trigger.I have multiple ARs so I keep more than one of the same item around.I have 12 and 13 year old Bushmasters whose only parts changed were barrels,stocks and the carrier when the closed bottom ones started to appear.So I ran the same carrier and lower parts and those parts are still kicking after many thousands of rounds as the rifle changed configurations a few times.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've personally seen two broken bolt catches.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top