Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2002 4:55:20 PM EDT
I just bought a new South African Load Bearing Vest (Mil-Tec by Sturm) in Desert Camo.  The vest fits fine, but I have some questions:

1.  The rear pouches, left and right, seem to be able to hold water bottles/canteens.  My USGI 1qt canteens are too small.  Are there larger canteens that fit.

2.  There are two rear back pouches, upper and lower.  The upper pouch looks good for holding a radio or a Camelbak-type bladder, but it's too short.  What bladder fits best in this pouch.

Generally, how do you guys that have them load them up?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i have the black one, i gave up on the camelbak thing and just put two USGI canteens in the top compartment, i think it's for some sort of proprietary bladder system, as i haven't found one that fits it.
the pouches all seem to be oddly shaped, i'm still trying to figure out what the hell kind of magazines will fit where in that thing, overall it's not bad, but it's just odd, especially the weird right and left and top center cargo pockets with the hole and velcro flap.
i also have had some probs with the shoulder straps digging into the side of my neck.

it's not bad for the price, i still like it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top