Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2003 6:49:13 PM EDT
Does anyone have a source for the S/A battlepack ammo? CVompleted the build on my J&t 20" Expedition yesterday (took 1 1/2 hours) shot today,want to shoot more!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If you find one PLEASE let me know... I'm down to my last 5 battlepacks...

Link Posted: 4/19/2003 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That SA is great stuff. I've been through 900 rounds and not a single problem. It's pretty accurate too. When and if it ever is for sale again, I'm gonna buy a shitload of it[^]
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Capitalist, I bought some SA ammo at the Bill Goodman gun and knife show. I checked their website, and they have shows in the Dayton and Cincinnati area.
Check their website for show dates.
http://www.gunshow.net/
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey Capitalist, I bought some SA ammo at the Bill Goodman gun and knife show. I checked their website, and they have shows in the Dayton and Cincinnati area.
Check their website for show dates.
http://www.gunshow.net/
View Quote

I'm glad you were able to find some of that fine ammo. I live about 3 hours away from Cinncinati, so thats out of the picture. I'm hoping [url]www.sportsmansguide.com[/url] gets some in soon. Welcome to the sight[:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A few months ago, I posted a message on this board that the South African government had stopped the exportation of this 1980s headstamp surplus military ammo.

Some of the guys on the board had some unkind things to say about me then.  Called me a BSer and a promulgator of rumours and hoaxes, etc.

All I can say now is, well, what can I say?

Still, it's a great pity that this ammo is drying up for you guys in the U.S.

capeboer
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you guys saving it all for the Cross Roads on the flats? :-)
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I can probably get you some for $165.00 for 900 plus shipping the supply is drying up and the price is even going higher than that.  But I personally like having SA 86 Battlepacks they are so convenient.  If you think you want some let me know by Saturday and once I get it you guys can send me personal checks or whatever I am easy.  My supplier may be already out but I can't confirm until Sunday with him. Just let me know.  e-mail me at: [email protected]

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"I can probably get you some for $165.00 for 900 plus shipping the supply is drying up and the price is even going higher than that."

View Quote

OUCH.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I can probably get you some for $165.00 for 900 plus shipping the supply is drying up and the price is even going higher than that."

View Quote

OUCH.....
View Quote

It isn't [b]THAT[/b] good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can probably get you some for $165.00 for 900 plus shipping the supply is drying up and the price is even going higher than that.  
View Quote

Hahahah. Good one. I guess I'll just have to go get some current production Q3131 or XM193 for the same price.

Tell "your supplier" that there's no such thing as scarcity on any particular brand of a fungible, homogenous commodity.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]
The last time I bought SA I gave $33 a battle pack. If it doesnt show back up pretty soon. I will be foreced to start reloading. The stuff is good, but in no way, shape or form would I ever give more than what new production ammo can be had for.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
"supplier says all out too bad"

I rather have XM193 or Q3131A anyway...and get it like you guys from wholesalehunter and midway
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Just bought some XM-193 (lot 22) from Wholesale Hunter and opened a box...the brass looked beat up a bit, with some knocks and bumps and was definitely stained. The Q3131A I bought from them looked very nice. Blasted two 30-rd boxes of South African M1A3 1987 vintage yesterday and that stuff was HOT. Gave excellent groups at 100-yds and fired perfectly. The 16-year old SA brass looked better than the Lake City stuff that was manufactured last year. Let me know when you see that SA stuff come available again and I will also buy a s--tload, just like the rest of you. I should have bought a bunch more at those great $33 battlepack prices, but such is 20-20 hindsight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just bought some XM-193 (lot 22) from Wholesale Hunter and opened a box...the brass looked beat up a bit, with some knocks and bumps and was definitely stained. The Q3131A I bought from them looked very nice. Blasted two 30-rd boxes of South African M1A3 1987 vintage yesterday and that stuff was HOT. Gave excellent groups at 100-yds and fired perfectly. The 16-year old SA brass looked better than the Lake City stuff that was manufactured last year. Let me know when you see that SA stuff come available again and I will also buy a s--tload, just like the rest of you. I should have bought a bunch more at those great $33 battlepack prices, but such is 20-20 hindsight.
View Quote

I also got some Lot 22 from WH. I also got a batch of Q3131A from WH also last week.

I didnt think that the brass (LC) looked in that bad of shape. I did a blind taste taste on the LC vs Q3131A vs Wolf.... WOW that LC was HOT, Q3131a was mediocre and Wolf was just good plinking ammo yesterday.

I wasnt that impressed with the Q3131A at all. Brass wasnt all that shiny, load wasnt super hot. Not buying that again, LC only for me.

Sorry for hijack and Yes i will keep my eyes open for the SA that was supposed to come in this month.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
For those who still prefer to buy SA .223.  Clear Battle Packs from KY imports at $149.99 for 900 rnds. 1-800-718-3643.

I rather prefer 3131A or XM193 if I have to pay the above for SA.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:56:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I have Shot hundreds of the SA that comes in the Brown Battle Packs in my Brand new 20 inch J&T and the Stuff is awesome, nice clean Shinty Brass, Crimped Primer , sealed primer, Cut type Cannelure, loaded very Hot, It Gave excellent accuracy in mY J&T , and Shoots very clean with low Flash, i would buy that 18 year old ammo over a lot of the stuff out there any day.

I have seen some at Gunshops but not the Gunshows any more here in New york.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top