Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
My wife wants to train for a 12 mile road march and she'd rather not take the AR15 on the local hiker-biker trail.  Does anyone know a source for inexpensive M16 training replicas?  The ones I'm finding online are $130+.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My wife wants to train for a 12 mile road march and she'd rather not take the AR15 on the local hiker-biker trail.  Does anyone know a source for inexpensive M16 training replicas?  The ones I'm finding online are $150+.

Haven't seen any cheaper than that. Sadly, I'll wager uncle Sam paid even more. I saw one at a gun show that was $199. I asked the guy why it was so much for a "rubber duck" and he just gave me a dirty look. Maybe they are getting colllectible or something. Who knows?

On Ranger Joe's website they sell these for $169

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Rings blue guns is going to be the best priced of the realistic weapons, at least as far as everything I've seen they are cheaper than the red guns.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
http://cgi.ebay.com/Resin-Replica-M16-Rifle-Looks-Like-The-Real-Thing_W0QQitemZ6561548641QQcategoryZ36074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

resin M16 replica for 70 bux.

Or why not just go hike with a bag full of lead weight?  Same result.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rings blue guns is going to be the best priced of the realistic weapons, at least as far as everything I've seen they are cheaper than the red guns.

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Resin-Replica-M16-Rifle-Looks-Like-The-Real-Thing_W0QQitemZ6561548641QQcategoryZ36074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

resin M16 replica for 70 bux.

Or why not just go hike with a bag full of lead weight?  Same result.

"Candidates must carry their weapon “at the ready.” They will not strap the weapon to the rucksack, disassemble the weapon, or carry the weapon at sling arms," so we need something close to real size and weight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
airsoft?  none of the blue/resin models will even come close to the weight of the real thing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, I didn't realize that.  I guess I can cut down a barbell.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
rings manufacturing.  But it would be only for looks.  If you want to train, just get a nice 2.5' of steel rebar (home depot) and run a piece of duct tape lengthwise along it and have her carry that around.  It's cumbersome, heavy, and awkward.  Then, when she carries a real one, it'll be convenient, light, and comfortable.  The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in combat.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top