Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2003 6:38:00 PM EDT
My latest project is building a varmint rifle for prairie dogs to go with a scope I picked up (a 6.5-20x).  I am looking for a a source for an accurate 24' stainless barrel (hopefully in a 1/12 twist).  Most vendors have the 1/9 or 1/8 barrels for shooting the heavier bullets and they seem to mostly use Wilson barrels.  I am not real keen on the heavy "bull barrel" contour.  They seem to make the rifle too muzzle heavy.  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy a cut rifled Oly Arms barrel from [url=http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12471]Brownells[/url]. They are a 1/10 and very accurate. I am putting one on a project I am building for my wife.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi! Although it is Heavy, I went with the Heavy Bull from RRA, it is 1x12 and Stainless and made by Wilson. If you can't do better you can always have it turned down to suit your needs. i really like mine, very promising at this point in break in with 55 Nosler Ballistic Tips.

MM419
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top