Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 2:10:28 PM EDT
I see that SAW has them for $60 (PN SPR6016SVL), but I'd rather pay a little less.  Anyone know of an alternate source?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
are you talking about the side sling mount? if so RRA has them
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
RRA and Colt side sling adaptors are virtually identical to include the part number stamped on the piece.  I get mine here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
RRA and Colt side sling adaptors are virtually identical to include the part number stamped on the piece.  I get mine here.

Cool, thanks.  Just to be clear, you're talking about the $23 part at the bottom of this page right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, thanks.  Just to be clear, you're talking about the $23 part at the bottom of this page right?

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Something that just dawned on me....

Will this thing work on the thinner 6520 barrel?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Something that just dawned on me....

Will this thing work on the thinner 6520 barrel?

Nope.  You'd need this one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
No, it won't work.

There is one of these side swivels for the skinny barrel 6520.
they are the same as the ones for the 6920's except for the cut out for the barrel.

It is NOT the double sided one, where you just flip the block to fit skinny barrel and M4 barrel.

It is flat on the outboard portion of  the block (just like on the current 6920 swivels).

The top and bottom edge of the "U" on the swivel portion is thicker to fill the extra space between the FSB and skinny barrel.  

It is made for the pencil/skinny barrels ONLY and is stamped with a different part number.
The construction is identical, only the dimensions and part numbers  are different.  I have had both in my hand at one time.   they do exist but i have no clue where to get one, i 'd like to find one as well for my R6520.

i can't type tonight, sorry.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, it won't work.

There is one of these side swivels for the skinny barrel 6520.
they are the same as the ones for the 6920's except for the cut out for the barrel.

It is NOT the double sided one, where you just flip the block to fit skinny barrel and M4 barrel.

It is flat on the outboard portion of  the block (just like on the current 6920 swivels).

The top and bottom edge of the "U" on the swivel portion is thicker to fill the extra space between the FSB and skinny barrel.  

It is made for the thinner barrel and is stamped with a different part number.
The construction is identical, only the dimensions and part numbers  are different.  I have had both in my hand at one time.   they do exist but i have no clue where to get one, i 'd like to find one as well for my R6520.

i can't type tonight, sorry.

Have you tried these guys?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I looked at SAW but only found the part I listed in my original post, nothing for the 6520 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I looked at SAW but only found the part I listed in my original post, nothing for the 6520 barrel.

Give Tina a call or email Ken.  Sometimes they have obscure parts that aren't listed on their site.  I found a Colt short stock that way.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#12]
bravo company.

It has two "U" shapes one for 3/4 barrels the other for the 5/8 barrels.

First item
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you tried these guys?

no.  i have not, never even thought of it.  Might have to give it a try.

Here is a pic of a side swivel off a 6920 (ignore paint)
it has part number stamped on the swivel portion and on the block portion.

the one i described above is like this one except it will ONLY fit pencil barrels and has different part numbers.

another pic:
(complete 6920, minus the lower.  Switched an entire  factory 6920 over to a preban sporter lower to abide by the rules of the  New York AWB.)
--Notice the space between the FSB and this barrel.  The distance is less here.

BOTTOM Gun.  (R6520)
--Notice the space between the FSB and barrel.  The space is  wider on the pencil barrelled gun

Close up of the R6520  
FSB and pencil barrel.

hopefully the pics help decifer my poor typing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
first off  it is a different one than RRA is selling, like a few of you have stated.  it is thicker where it wraps around the barrel so its not flopping all around.  these are teh ones that are made for pencil barrels only.  who all is needing them for the pencil barrels.  i have several of them never installed.  ya might have to supply your own sling swivel and pin.  saw wants $60 for these critters, but they dont have them for the pencils or at least advertise them.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
first off  it is a different one than RRA is selling, like a few of you have stated.  it is thicker where it wraps around the barrel so its not flopping all around.  who all is needing them for the pencil barrels.  i have several of them never installed.  ya might have to supply your own sling swivel and pin.  saw wants $60 for these critters, but they dont have them for the pencils or at least advertise them.  

Post pics of them.  It will help the thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#16]
might take a couple of days.  im away from my stash right now.  i have the one that you posted handy.  as soon as i get it in hand ill post a pic for all to see.   i like them better than the .75 ones.  the metal seems real thin to me there.  they must work just fine or uncle sugar wouldnt use them huh.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#17]
You could try searching an old military M16A1 parts list for the M203 sling mount NSN.  

sarco lists a side sling adapter for 6.95 do not know if it is 5/8 or 3/4

"AR132 AR15/M16 Side Sling Adaptor........................$ 6.95"
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#18]
heres a pic of the side sling for the pencil barrels as prommised.  notice how much thicker it is compaired to 0G10807's.  also notice how much better his camera is than mine.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
heres a pic of the side sling for the pencil barrels as prommised.  notice how much thicker it is compaired to 0G10807's.  also notice how much better his camera is than mine.

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/machinehead323/arparts001.jpg

I got the part from Machinehead and now have it installed on my 6520.  Now I just need a rear side sling mount.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I got the part from Machinehead and now have it installed on my 6520.  Now I just need a rear side sling mount.....

Consider this:

www.gggaz.com/products/rnp_sa.php

Since installing them on ALL of my rifles/carbines, I have never looked back. It also keeps you from having to readjust the sling length if you extend/retract the stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Consider this:

www.gggaz.com/products/rnp_sa.php

Since installing them on ALL of my rifles/carbines, I have never looked back. It also keeps you from having to readjust the sling length if you extend/retract the stock.

Nah, I just rigged up the rifle and it actually doesn't feel too bad with it looped through the upper part of the stock.  I'll run it this way at one of the competitions I organize and see how I like it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#22]
did the sling mount work out for ya?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
did the sling mount work out for ya?

Yep, works perfect from what I can tell.  We'll see how it holds up training and competing, but so far it looks like it's going to be excatly what I needed.  Thanks a million!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top