Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:52:58 AM EDT
So I bought this Weaver 4-16X V16 scope a few years back, and it lived on top of a synthetic and stainless gun.  Now I have this Remington 700 that is all black.  Have been seriously thinking of painting the scope Black-tical to match the rest of the gun.  Have gone so far as to buy the Rustolium paint and mask the scope.  Anyone have any experience with this, or any solid reasons not to?  Input is greatly appreciated.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Wrap it in painted gauze tape to break up the color...???
Damn, that'z bright.
Pete
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
BLING!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
How permanently can this paint sticks?  I'm sure if you install the rings over the paint, it will come right off and would look like a mess.  Don't do it, you'll ruin the scope, cosmetically anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I came in here expecting to just say, "don't paint the scope."  But after seeing it, I would suggest at least putting a paper bag over it and only using it from behind.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#6]
This just in: sell the bling scope buy a matte black scope...that is all.

Silver scopes seems to sell pretty quick on the Varmint hunter board.
Pete
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow…Harsh!!!

Thing is, physical appearance aside, I actually like the scope and I don’t think I could replace it for what I paid. I got a really good deal on it.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Use Krylon paint from automotive stores. It comes off easy with Brake clean later if you change your mind.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
If you do keep it and intend on painting it, only spray a very light coat on it.
This way it won't hurt anything and will subdue the brightness. Of course mask off the lenses.

Main problem that I see is how to spray it without messing up the adjustment marks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top