Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2004 3:26:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 3:28:26 PM EST by rockytherotty]
Check this out SP1 lower This guy on Gunbroker is trying to sell this "beat" looking Colt SP1 lower for $895 Can you believe that shit? WHy would you spend $895 on a beat up outdated SP1 lower when you can buy a brand new Colt current production lower for half of that price? After I saw that I almost fell out of the chair........
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:31:01 PM EST
What do you expect comeing out of Florida. I have seen some crazy shit and stupid ass asking prices from down there
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:32:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:51:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:54:36 PM EST
What is the saying "All the nuts roll down to Florida"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:54:37 PM EST
That price is a little high. I saw a Pre-Ban Colt at the last gunshow in Jax. It was 2000 dollars. Figure the lower receiver has to be worth 6 or 7 hundred.

I wouldn't make fun of Florida gun show prices though, not until after you look at what people are paying for Colt LE6920's in the EE.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:54:57 PM EST
Probably So. Fla. Sediment bowl of the east dont you know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:58:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By PalmTree:
That price is a little high. I saw a Pre-Ban Colt at the last gunshow in Jax. It was 2000 dollars. Figure the lower receiver has to be worth 6 or 7 hundred.

I wouldn't make fun of Florida gun show prices though, not until after you look at what people are paying for Colt LE6920's in the EE.

True! Someone purchased that Colt for $2600

I guess no one told them the AWB expired last month
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:22:00 PM EST
Yeh, this same guy has several auctions going on at Gunbroker and Auction Arms. I love the way he does "no reserve" auctions, then sets an outrageous opening bid.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:26:50 PM EST
I really just don't get this 6920 craze. I understand the whole "limited run" story, but c'mon. That gun is very close to a run of the mill configuration, and in my opinion not worth it. But apparently it is to some, so I guess that is what matters.

The only thing about it that pisses me off is that the price/moral police isn't being more agressive about this, but I have seen a few people take whippings for trying to recoupe money they DID spend on pre '94 lowers. A lot of people have done a good deed and helped out people in the state-banned areas and traded even for a no-ban receiver. However, some people have posted theirs for sale at elevated prices(which were legit prices not too many months ago and paid by many), and some have labeled these people gougers.

No, I have not participated in any of the above, but it was something I noticed and thought of when the ultra-rare, sell your kids to buy one, bend over and take it like a man 6920's started surfacing here.

Okay- I'm done now...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:29:35 PM EST
every seller's ideal customer: a rich moron.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:35:30 PM EST
To people living with state SAW bans there is no such thing as a "no-ban" and if you want the evil features you still must pay the high prices many of us did when it was pay or go post-ban for us. Do you really think the price of a pre-ban in those state should be lower because we can now buy ours w/o a premium?
Ed
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:51:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By ducati650:
To people living with state SAW bans there is no such thing as a "no-ban" and if you want the evil features you still must pay the high prices many of us did when it was pay or go post-ban for us. Do you really think the price of a pre-ban in those state should be lower because we can now buy ours w/o a premium?
Ed

MY answer to that question is "No". All the people who were sitting on pre '94 guns, hi-cap mags and all the other forbidden goodies in '94 weren't ashamed to ask all the money for those items and many of us(including me) had to pay those prices to play. No one was crucified for that practice during that time. Now that most of us can buy current production at regular prices however, some people feel entitled to the pre-94 stuff at current prices for "new".

But many people here have been trading their pre '94s for current production to help out those that live in the unfortunate states. And that is great if they want to do that, and I guess there's really no harm in doing so and it helps our brothers out. With that being said, I agree with your statement and that is why I posted what I did above. Some people are posting their pre '94 lowers for $500 or $600, only trying to recoup the $1K+ they spent on it originally(which was the everyday going rate of these receivers only a few short months ago), and I've seen some people taking shots at the sellers credibility over it. I see nothing wrong with trying to get back some of your investment on a pre '94- the people in the state-ban areas have no other choice, and not everyone is going to give their guns away to them. Unfortunately, they are still in the position that ALL OF US were in just over a month ago. I for one paid big bucks for several pre '94 ARs so I could have the evil features when I wanted them. Since I paid so much for mine, I will not part with them for no-ban receiver prices so I just stay out of that game altogether.

Again, all of these thoughts resurfaced when I starting see the 6920 "craze". This is NOT the same as what I speak of before, as these guns were available to anyone just over a week or so ago. Now, all of a sudden, the opportunists are out in full force trying to make the mortgage payment on these not-so-above-average guns. But hey, as I said before, if someone is paying the prices asked for these- more power to ya. Just remember what these guns sold for LAST WEEK when looking at the 6920 prices. I just hope everyone is as accepting of the regular guy trying to get some of his money back out of a pre-94....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:22:14 PM EST
careful with the moron tag

chances are..... he's here on the board somewhere

and no, it isn't me
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:56:55 PM EST
The guy selling the $850 SP1 lower is just trying to make a buck (alot of them) and I don't care what anyone says....I think he's a crook. That price is just a rip-off period. As far as states with their own AWB's In CT you still can't buy a pre-'94 and legally own it here. If you did'nt own it before the ban and register it after the ban with the state, your screwed here. This is anti-gunning communist activity at it's best here. And to think that Colt is right here in CT. and their AR-15 and Sporter are on the "black list" here. WTF.........
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:34:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By rockytherotty:
The guy selling the $850 SP1 lower is just trying to make a buck (alot of them) and I don't care what anyone says....I think he's a crook. That price is just a rip-off period.

I'll drink to that, but what do you think about the guys trying to sell the 6920s for $2600+ apiece?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:41:05 PM EST
selling something for a high price isnt ripping someone off ... if hr tricked someone into buying something buy telling them it was something it wasnt then he would be ripping them off.... I put a stick of gun om E-Bay for 100.00 and some one buys it. I didnt rip them off they new they were getting a stick of gun they just chose to pay 100.00 for it
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:05:55 PM EST
look at the other stuff that guy has...

gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=24084338

The BUSHMASTER !

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:12:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By MTNmyMag:
selling something for a high price isnt ripping someone off ... if hr tricked someone into buying something buy telling them it was something it wasnt then he would be ripping them off.... I put a stick of gun om E-Bay for 100.00 and some one buys it. I didnt rip them off they new they were getting a stick of gun they just chose to pay 100.00 for it

did you mean STICK OF GUM?

you must have hella guns on your mind,,,
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:28:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 9:22:22 PM EST by RABIDFOX50]
What do you expect comeing out of Florida

Hey, watch it! Don't bash Florida just because of a guy selling product for too many $$$. I'm very sure your state also has a few too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:05:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/28/2004 5:44:02 PM EST by niceguymr]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:14:17 PM EST
I'm certainly not offended. But hey, I'm a firm believer in free market enterprise.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:16:06 AM EST
Just to offer a perspective IMHO. I think the prices are because as was stated of certain state laws and the worries that Kerry could win and the AWB cold be brought back in some form. The purchasers of these "high price" Colts might just believe their investment will rise in price. Other brands may have have the same configurations, or do the exact same thing but they are not the "collectable brand" of Colt.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:45:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sidx:
look at the other stuff that guy has...

gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=24084338

The BUSHMASTER !

gunbroker.com/pixhost/2004-08-22/richardwhit_1093191450_Bushy_223_pistol_left.jpg

Bushmaster Armpistol.....

As they are a limited thing, with only so many available, I would say that is for sure worth any price he can get for it....

Wish I hadnt sold mine, but it was indeed a major POS.....

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:51:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:

The guy selling the $850 SP1 lower is just trying to make a buck (alot of them) and I don't care what anyone says....I think he's a crook. That price is just a rip-off period.

I'll drink to that, but what do you think about the guys trying to sell the 6920s for $2600+ apiece?

I know I would never pay $2600 for a 6920 I could buy two "no ban" Bushmasters for less than that. I like Colt and I own a couple ('64 SP1 and a '93 Sporter Match HBAR) but there is no way in hell I would spend over 2K for a new one (unless I won the lottery)
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:51:41 AM EST
LOL and they cant count either
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:11:05 AM EST
LOL and FL cant count either
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:16:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:02:02 PM EST
Hey it is a good thing Florida can't count! We could have had a liberal piece of Garbage (Gore) in office instead of G dubya! You should all thank us... There would still be a AWB!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:30:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 1:27:28 AM EST by RABIDFOX50]
I moved to Fla. 9 years ago and I admit we have some idiots lookin for a village. However you should not throw stones since most states have a growing number of idiots in them. We are no worse than the other 49 mister smarty pants!

Yes, I know it's all in good fun!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:54:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By niceguymr:
Hey guys!

I'm one of those that was labeled a gouger. I saw an LE6920 frenzy occuring and was able to get my hands on a few of them before the prices really started to surge. It seemed the only people selling them for $1100 were the ones who didn't have them in stock, and the ones who had them available were selling them for $2500. I think gouging is when you have something that people NEED and you're selling it for an unfair profit. Nobody NEEDS a 6920, therefore if someone is willing to pay $2500 bucks for it, am I really gouging them? Couldn't they just go and buy a Bushy or RRA or anything else for less if they wanted to? It's not like there's a drought, and I'm the only person with clean running water. I hope I didn't make too many enemies in the process. I really enjoy this forum.

Free market system at its finest. All sellers have the right to ask what ever they want for their product. All buyers have the right to go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:29:23 AM EST
Even fools can use a lesson from the school of hard knocks. If they want to blow those kinds of clams in foolishness, let that be their wake up lesson. I don't fault the seller, he's providing a valuable lesson as long as he doesn't misrepresent.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:53:43 AM EST
Ya know...everyone forgets the seller can ask what ever he wants for it. Maybe, just maybe he doesn't want to sell it, but the wife is pushing for it...so he puts on a high price...thinking..."well if it does sell, I made some money and made the bitch happy." On the other hand, as far as I'm concerned, pre-bans will still hold some market value...they will always be preban...We don't need to get into a huge battle...but should another ban come in...those guns will still be grandfathered. I too have prebans..three to be exact...and yes, I will be holding on to them for just that reason.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:19:43 AM EST

As far as states with their own AWB's In CT you still can't buy a pre-'94 and legally own it here. If you did'nt own it before the ban and register it after the ban with the state, your screwed here. This is anti-gunning communist activity at it's best here. And to think that Colt is right here in CT. and their AR-15 and Sporter are on the "black list" here. WTF.........

pre-ban colts, yes
preban anything else, no

as long as it dont specifically say "ar-15" or "colt sporter" on it, its perfectly cool.

talking to a state trooper buddy of mine, he was saying that right before the ban, there was something like 40,000 colt sporters and ar's in CT. after the ban, only like 4,200 owners actually registered their guns. that means that there is like 35-36K FELONS in CT. He said that if you were ever caught w/ a non registered colt, and someone actually realizes that its a non registered one by the seriel, the state WILL NOT prosecute, but WILL confiscate the weapon. either way it still sucks....

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:25:01 PM EST
Pardon me if i take this just on a little tangent. I have been out of the AR arena for a while and am really ignorant of the values of the pre-ban AR's especially the Colts. Way back when I bought a Colt SP1 Carbine for under $500.00 brand new I still have it in very good condition. I am curious what it is worth at fair market value. Not that I intend to sell it but just have simple curiousity. Serial No. is SP156XXX. All input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:28:35 PM EST
Friggin' Floridians. Can't hardly trust em.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:15:49 PM EST
All Floridians are like that... if I were you I would stay far far away.

friggin' tourists...
Top Top