Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 9:47:20 AM EDT
Just got back from a show that I had gone to planning to get a lower to complete an M16A1 look alike project.  Planned on getting either a Bushie or DPMS.  Hadn't considered Rock River at all, because the one I've had for a couple of years has a finish that's not only too black for the late Colt upper I was using, but is kind of shiney to boot.

Well, the folks I usually deal with had complete Bushie lowers for $299.95 and DPMS for $279.95.  A few tables over, though, was a dealer w/Rock River lowers, both stripped and assembled.  The complete jobs were $259.95, and the finish was very much the same as the other guys.  Looked as good as the Bushie, with every bit as good a color as the DPMS, and the lack of tool marks that Rock River has always been noted for.

My early RR lower is serialed 0022xx.
The new one is exactly 20305 higher, and what a difference 20,000 makes.  Everything I didn't like about the early piece is gone, while everything I did like about it is still there.

So hats off to Rock River Good product for less money; that's the American way.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top