Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/8/2003 9:08:40 PM EDT
Well, after giving away my Radway-Green ammo to anyome at the range who had an AR with a 16" or shorter barrel, a solution to my short cycling problem finally dawned on me. The RG SS109 simply does not not like my Bushmaster with a 20" barrel -- lots of short cycle problems. Realizing that this stuff is notoriously underpowered from the ammo FAQ, I decided to go exploring on the Wolff Springs web site to see if they carried a reduced power action spring for ARs. Well, they do. I bought one, installed it in my AR, popped in a 30-round mag and started firing. Not one problem for 60-rounds! So, before you give that stuff away, invest a few bucks into a new spring.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:12:01 PM EDT
Seems like a nice trick, and almost obvious. Has anyone tried this before? Any possible adverse effects? So long as the shooter remembers to switch to full-strength springs when shooting M855 or M193, I would imagine it should be OK.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:27:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/10/2003 1:57:29 AM EDT by Tactus]
I would have tried 5-10 minutes in a vibratory tumbler. It tends to make the powder grain size slightly smaller and the rounds hotter. (Be careful doing it. It's real easy to have a kaboom) fat fingers + small kbd
Top Top