Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/8/2003 1:40:07 PM EST
I read on Armalite's web page about using solid film lubricants for the inside of magazines..

they further state that USGI mags were all treated with this on the exterior...

seaching the net there are so many kinds, etc.

Does anyone know where to get a simple aerosol can of solid film lubricant?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:45:03 AM EST
People use Perasilk G to refinish there mags .Tommy Haskins normally has it.About $17 a can.Will do 20 = mags. But as a lube only I would think any dry lube like Remington Dry lube in the spray can would be good. Wally world ao Kmart normally has it. And there is maor products out there also in this catagory.Check Brownells out. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:26:29 PM EST
Home Depot has dry teflon film lube, called RD-50 ("EZ-Glide"), in spray cans for about $5 each. It's in the quarantined tool section. Works great on window and door frames, vertical blind tracks, and things like that around the house. It's not permanent though, so it will need reapplying every once in a while. It dries fast so it's not a 'penetrator' either. It's basically pure teflon in a solvent carrier. Don't use it in the rifle itself, but it works OK enough in magazines or on other slow-moving, low-pressure part assemblies. [url]http://www.rd-50.com/multi.htm[/url] The one I found was called "EZ-Glide" in a standard size black can (pic on their page). Didn't see the other three.
Top Top