Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2017 4:03:03 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for a soft case for AR 15s. I'm currently building one with a 16 inch barrel. I've done some research online but wanted to see what everyone here recommends.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for recommendations for a soft case for AR 15s. I'm currently building one with a 16 inch barrel. I've done some research online but wanted to see what everyone here recommends.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Are you using this case to transport your AR to/from the range...get the cheapest one you can find.

It doesn't matter.

Are you intending to carry it somewhat covertly?

Then...

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I second the guitar case. That's what I use. It keeps the nosy neighbors from looking to hard.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
NC star double case.   Found it on amazon after watching a mrGunsnGear video on them.  Double the fun
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I second the guitar case. That's what I use. It keeps the nosy neighbors from looking to hard.
View Quote
Someone needs to make a case for ammo cans that makes them look like amps...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like the case that Midway sells

What theirs has that the others that I researched didn't have, is the internal straps. I ended up buying three (of course, two of them were when they were NOT on sale)...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/780382
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I came across this one today:

PSA DAILY DEAL - Blackhawk Case + 5 Magpul Mags - $59.99

Looks like a good deal, but I don't know anything about the case.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of Tactical Tailor rifle cases. I've got 2 and they do everything I want in a soft case. Fits inside my Pelican nicely.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Cases come in three categories:

Cheap, polyester, bargain sub $75 cases. Consider them disposable. They use weak stitching, poor quality parts, etc. I'd buy the cheapest you can find and be glad if it lasts 2 or 3 years. I have one such case that is loosing stitching and looks battered after 1.5 years.

Enhanced cheap cases, in the $75-150 range. These either offer a lot of "features" added to the above cases, such as backpack straps, more reinforcement, more and/or better pouches, more padding, and occasionally, nylon instead of polyester construction of body.

Expensive $150+ cases. These are always nylon, always high quality stitching, always reinforced construction, made very well with the best of parts, best padding. These are lifetime purchase cases. I have a SERT case that is over 10 years old and looks like new.

You want a 36" case for a 16" barreled AR15.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
These are horrible ideas around here. Guitars and amps will get stolen before guns will. Same with using computer cases for handguns. Thieves can steal those from a car and get 10 days in county jail if caught. If they steal a firearm, it's 2 years in prison without parole. Most real car burglars don't steal guns from cars, but actively look for computers, powertools, and musical instruments, that are easy to dispose of.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Double Post
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I have this one for my S&W Sport II and am very happy with it. 2 side pockets hold 'stuff' and the mag pockets fit up to 30 round mags easily. I keep 2 10 round mags in one, a 20 round mag in the other, and in the third I keep 2 boxes of bullets.
Rifle has a scope on it - still fits well - has a secure strap to boot.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/allen-company-battalion-tactical-rifle-soft-case-38-nylon-black-10928-026509109280.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=&from=fn
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Check out Voodoo Tactical.  I have one and very pleased with it.  Well thought out and won't break the bank.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I got tired of the cheap ones falling apart.  I use a Hazard 4 "Smuggler."  Very pleased with everything about it except the price.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Check out Voodoo Tactical.  I have one and very pleased with it.  Well thought out and won't break the bank.
View Quote
I have this bag in coyote tan and I couldn't be happier. Has 6 30rnd mag pouches, a dozen or so (I cant remember the exact number) pistol mag pouches, lots of pockets for tools and spare parts and its a well made bag. $150 bucks, buts its worth it. Should last many years.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought one of these from AIM last year. It's not terrible, it's not great. It's worth the ~$70 I spent. That said, the next case I buy will be a SERT TCC

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HK%5FATICT36DGT
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:36:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought one of these from AIM last year. It's not terrible, it's not great. It's worth the ~$70 I spent. That said, the next case I buy will be a SERT TCC

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HK%5FATICT36DGT
View Quote
sa

I think the SERT TCC is one of the best cases made.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I carry my SBR in one of these:
http://www.sneakybags.com/store/Spyder/SPYDER_Covert_Carry_Bag_Medium.

Not cheap, but it's the last case I'll ever have to buy for it plus, it has enough storage space that I don't need a seperate range bag.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
You never heard of a green amp?

Years ago it was a popular speed known as Amphaplex, a lot of the local bands would paint their amplifiers green and call them "green amps."

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really like the case that Midway sells
What theirs has that the others that I researched didn't have, is the internal straps. I ended up buying three (of course, two of them were when they were NOT on sale)...
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/780382
View Quote
Another vote for the Midway case, much better than anything else in its price range, IMHO.

Tomac
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top