Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2005 10:49:54 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to start building my first AR, but I've gotten hung up on sights. As of now,I'm going with a Stag flat-top M4 upper that I'll buy after christmas. I like the red-dot scopes, but I'm still wanting to be able to hit targets out to 300 yards. Those orange plates and a red-dot don't go well together. So, I'm wondering what other options I have. I'm wanting to stay under $150-$200. I don't know alot about scopes, but I was wondering if theres any good tactial scopes that might fit what I'm looking for, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
For $189ish, the Bushnell 3200 10x mildot would be perfect.  

You could go a little higher and get variable power with a Meuller or Swift, but I don't have any personal experience with any of those....the Bushnell, either, but lots of folks here really like that scope.  

You could also snag several different models of Leupold Vari X 1 for $200 or so...check out the Vari X 1 line at SWFA.  

Sightron makes a nice 3x9x42...the S2.  

Also, check the EE here...you can get a good deal from time to time on stuff.  

Any sort of real tactical scope will be a lot more than what you have budgeted, though.

One notable exception to that is the Super Sniper.  $300 for the rear focus models...gets you a pretty nice scope for the money.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks alot Fenian, I'll start checking these out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
BIG +1 on the Bushnell 3200 Mildot.

Best scope for under $500 I've found.  I prefer it to my SuperSniper that lots of folks rave about.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top