Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:50:45 PM EDT
Right now I have a NCStar mkIII 3-9x on my Bushmaster.  

I want to get something a little better. I know that this is not comparing apples to apples but I have a Bushness 22 Rimfire on my 17HMR and it works superb.  This little $49.99 scope is dead accurate at 200yds.  That being said I really dont want to drop a load of cash on my AR Scope.

1. I am not a hunter so will not be hunting with it.
2. I dont see myself ever competing with it

So the main thing I will use it for is shooting cans,waterbottles, fruits, and vegetables at my local ranges.  Probably the max range I will goto will be 300yds. I will also shoot it from time to time indoors and that would be a max of 25yds

So I tried to give you what/how I will be using it.

I really like the look and performance of an ACOG but I really dont want to spend that kind of money.

So here are a few things I have looked into sofar.  I am kind of getting overwhelmed with all of them out there.

1. The Burris AR-322 Prism sight.  I had the chance to play with it in the store.  I liked the feel of it and it seemed pretty nice. My concerns with it were the small reticle and fact that it was only 3x mag. BUT I DO LIKE THE LOOK OF THIS ONE BEST

2. I really like the style of the Burris AR-P.E.P.R. Mount so I started looking at possible scopes to put on it.

Now mind you, I know basically nothing about good/bad optics so some of these things I have been looking at may be downright junk, I have been reading reviews online and watching reviews on Youtube.

A few that keep popping up are:
Leatherwood Hi-Lux CMR
Primary Arms
Millet

All 1-4x mag

Now I  really want/need some magification so any of the Primary arms ones really are out since I really dont want a magnifier on top as well.

Please I am open to all suggestions and opinions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
i bought the burris ar332, but my next choice would have been vortex strikefire coupled with mako 3x magnifier which is about the same cost as ar332.  Also the ar332 reticle is actually a good size IMO especially at 100 yds
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top