Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 5:21:26 PM EDT
long story short, I bought a quad rail I wanted to install so I took off the FSB, handguards and flash hider. I then realized I needed more tools to get the barrel off besides a barrel wrench so it in pieces for a year before I decided to put it back together, completely forgetting that the pins were tapered. I got them in, but then realized that they should only go in one way and go out the next. Do I need to take the pins out? What would be damaged? The fsb, the barrel, just the pins?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:28:14 PM EDT
If you got them in they should be ok.

Or did you use a 20ton press to get them in??
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:29:43 PM EDT
If the pins are tapered, they can go in one way. If the pins are straight, they may go in either way.

Are the pins completely inserted?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:35:00 PM EDT
they are all the way in there. I used a hammer and a punch, and they were pretty hard to get in.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:42:52 PM EDT
It should be fine. They're damn near impossible to install backwards. I guess you could pound the shit out of them and get them in, but I wouldn't sweat it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:54:37 AM EDT
If you got them back in then there is no use worrying about it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:43:27 AM EDT
If the pins were tight from the start, sounds like the pins may be straight. A tapered pin will drop in to about 1/4" of their finished position before you need a hammer.
Top Top