Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2006 3:12:57 PM EDT
I always wanted a 6.8 to fill in the gap between the 556 and the 308.

I think with the way ammo prices are going, I should just put another LMT upper on my second available lower. What do you guys think?  One of the them could be a close quarter, flashlight etc gun, and the other a longer shooting gun with a bipod etc......how could I lose with that thought process
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You only have two ARs.  That's how you lose.  Chuck Norris and Mr. T would both be frowning at you right now for thinking in such small terms.

ETA: Crap, keep hitting Submit instead of Preview...

Anyway, I have a carbine for fun/CQB (if needed) and a 20"er for range work.  It's a good line of thought.  Don't try to shoot for middle of the road, or you'll get run over and not be REALLY good at either long range or at close-up work.  Different tools for different jobs.

ETA2: Wait, so you mean a whole other weapon, or just another upper to drop on the same lower?  Rereading your post, I just got the sneaky feeling you meant two uppers and one lower.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, another weapon for an available lower. I'd end up two 556's vs one 556 and one 6.8. I'm thinking std. with ammo choice vs two ammos. I could buy more 556 and more 308 instead of a third more expensive ammo.

I'm a plinker civilian with the dual purpose of setting up for home defense (I already have the pistols and shotgun covered) and shtf situations.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
No miidle round is needed get an AR15 and an AR10..you have a 5.56 and a .308 and like 75% parts commonality.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No miidle round is needed get an AR15 and an AR10..you have a 5.56 and a .308 and like 75% parts commonality.

Where'd you get the 75% from?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top