Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2009 6:56:08 PM EDT
Any Reveiws on the M&P 15`s ,I just bought one The 15OR ? Still have not desided on optic.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I`m new to Ar`s and would like any help and advice Please.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a 15A and 15T for a couple of years, and aside from not seating PMAGS they've functioned without failure or issues. I think you'll find your M&P quite satisfactory.

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They are one of the best of the factory guns IMHO.  Very reliable, very well made, accurate, without breaking the bank.  Pat Rogers agrees, and that should tell you something.
I also nave an OR model, I used as a starting point, DD Omega rail, YHM folding site/gas block, LMT stock, Magpul triggergaurd, CAA G27, TD QD VFG , ambi controls, Troy M&P buis.  I love it, 750 or so down the pipe now, not one failure to anything, feed, fire, eject, anything.

You might read some minor complaints, PMags don't work, built by stag, etc....  This is for PRE 50xxx rifles, all post 50k are built in house by S&W, they are one of the few places to have thier own forge.  Bolts are rumored to be LMT, looks like it to me, barrels are Thompson Center (S&W owns them). PMags seat and drop free just fine on any of the newer rifles.

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Good rifles...
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Great weapon, own a fully tricked out MP15T and love it
It has all the right serial numbs and all but does drop a PMAG once and a while unless that bitch is SLAMMED home.
Just last night I had a 30 rounder (loaded) land on the pinky toe...#$@%&@!!!!!

Otherwise, (limping) it's fine!

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see this topic.  I just picked up a OR also.  I was going to build a kit but ran onto this weapon priced well under MSRP so I decided to grab it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not realy tried it yet. Still need sights or optic, have not decided.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I just came back from a trip over in East WA and I got to shoot my M&P15OR finally; on public land so that meant no restrictions. I let her fly. After about 200 rounds in sub freezing temperatures I am VERY pleased with this rifle. I have a BSA red dot with a rail riser on it. It was fine most of the time but it did flicker on and off with rapid fire, it was definitely NOT made for an AR, so I'm looking for some new optics, but they work for a budget. Of your undecided on an optic, i suggest one of these for a temporary solution, so then you acually have some sort of sights.

Don't be afraid of the S&W. In my opinion they are the BEST value out there for a sub $1000 rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 15ORC and love it. The M&P's are very nice quality it has M4 feed ramps, perfectly staked keys. The only thing I don't like is the charging handle it feels cheap for some reason idk probably just me lol. My barrell is different from the pic in the OP though. It has no depression and no break/comp(like a mini bull barrell).
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a 15OR and love it. The M&P's are very nice quality it has M4 feed ramps, perfectly staked keys. The only thing I don't like is the charging handle it feels cheap for some reason idk probably just me lol. My barrell is different from the pic in the OP though. It has no depression and no break/comp(like a mini bull barrell).

You have the ORC model. It's the exact same rifle but the barrel and components are slightly modified so they are restricted state compliant, the C at the end is for "Compliant", eg "Optics Ready Compliant". The main difference in the barrel is that it cant accept a flash hider and no bayonet lugs (which the OR doesn't have anyways).

Did that come with a 30 round mag or a 10?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya your right ORC not OR. 10 rounder I'm in NY. VERY nice rifle though, its getting an FSC556 installed and I have pre-bans in route as we speak. Pointless laws
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't be afraid of the S&W. In my opinion they are the BEST value out there for a sub $1000 rifle.

Where can you buy one of these for under $1,000?

The best deal I've found is at Cabela's of all places, where a base model is $1,199.  Cabela's is certainly not known for the best prices (every once in awhile they have some good sales).  Maybe the reason I can't find any prices to compare to is because nearly everyone is out of stock?

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where can you buy one of these for under $1,000?

The best deal I've found is at Cabela's of all places, where a base model is $1,199.  Cabela's is certainly not known for the best prices (every once in awhile they have some good sales).  Maybe the reason I can't find any prices to compare to is because nearly everyone is out of stock?

Great rifles. 2 in stock for $999 here.

SGC
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my 15T, works fine w/ PMags, got it around October 08. Put about 5k rds thorough it no problem, usually around 500 at a time. Had a FTE a few times during mag dumps at the end of the day but other than that, no issues.

-chad
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Hay I just got mine at Gander MT for about 900.00 tax included in Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top