Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:57:40 PM EDT
Anyone shave their front sight post to make it smaller and possibly help increase accuracy?  Pro's and Con's of doing this?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
you could go with an a1 front sight post which is slightly thinner and round instead of square, which aslo has 5adjustment slots rather than four.

kns also makes thinner or different fsp's as well.

iirc the square shape of the a2 sight helps with reflecting or deflecting light to your eyes
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone shave their front sight post to make it smaller ?

Why?  When places like Bushmaster and Fulton Armory will sell you match front sight posts in a variety of widths (all of them thin)?  Besides, trying to shave all 4 sides equally (so you don't change windage when you adjust the front sight) would be too difficult for all but the most experienced machiniest.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Smaller FSP -Justin
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know that, it's nice to be able to buy one.  What you said about it is true Forest, but I could always adjust windage after elevation, however now I don't have to!

Is getting a smaller FSP recommended for 200 yard shooting?  I am doing it with a carbine so the FSP appears to be even bigger than with a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is getting a smaller FSP recommended for 200 yard shooting?  I am doing it with a carbine so the FSP appears to be even bigger than with a rifle.

I don't think so.  I have no issues with a carbine at 200m at a man sized (18" wide) target using the wider trijicon sights or the stock sights.

But if your goal is to bullets into the X ring at 200y then get the thinner front sight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top