Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2010 7:06:41 PM EDT
After fondling a lower at a fun shop today that had a CTR installed,  I decided to pick one up.

The lower was a DPMS with commercial tube, and when you hit the lock on the CTR it was rock solid.

I installed the CTR on my RRA lower with commercial tube while in the store,  and it does not lock tight. It still rattles a bit. I even swapped stocks with the one I fondled on the DPMS lower and it rattled too.

We didn't measure my tube but I'm 100% sure it's a comercial unit.

I really like the stock but the lock is what sold me over the MOE. Is my tube out of spec? Should I call Rock River? Or call Magpul?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Will

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Take everything in to the store and see if a milspec fits correctly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The thing with commercial tubes is that there is no standard spec for them. Different makers can & will have differing specs, so your stock may not be as solid as designed for this reason. Personally, I would swap to a mil-spec unit. I've never had an out of spec mil-spec tube or stock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The thing with commercial tubes is that there is no standard spec for them. Different makers can & will have differing specs, so your stock may not be as solid as designed for this reason. Personally, I would swap to a mil-spec unit. I've never had an out of spec mil-spec tube or stock.

Good to know. I called the shop and he's gonna order a mil-spec CTR and a tube for me, then let me swap out my comercial one. Are DPMS tubes ok??

Link Posted: 12/18/2010 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If the back of the tube is slanted then its commercial.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a common problem with the RRA comm spec receiver extension.

It has been asked before in the Magpul industry a section and Justin has stated they hear this a lot, it is not the CTR that is the problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top