Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:51:43 PM EDT
A question for anyone who has one of these stocks and has a sling:

How did you mount it? Looking at one, I see that there are a number of options, but I'm curious if anyone has any pictures or descriptions. There are 2 mount points, one near the receiver (assuming this is for a 1-point mount) and one close to the butt (assuming this is a 2-point mount).

Just curious since I'm considering putting a sling on mine and want to see what others have done before I dick around with it too much.

-Tx
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:04:49 PM EDT
when i had the socom stock i used the m.o.u.t. sling from cqb but then i found out how big a pile of crap the stock was and got rid of it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:40:26 PM EDT
I have a Blue Force D-Ring Adapter to a CSM Gear Single point
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:58:54 PM EDT
What I'm probably going to do is use some kind of 2-point mount just because of how I plan to carry it (just using the sling to carry it around, not any kind of runnin' and gunnin' kind of stuff), I just am not 100% sure what's the best way to rig it.

As for the stock itself, I have no complaints. I like the cheek weld a lot, it's comfortable to shoot, and I haven't had any mechanical problems whatsoever. Of course, mine hasn't had much rough treatment yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:40:34 PM EDT
i mounted on the reciver endplate.
i tried the top of the but and it kept getting in the way.

why do you think the stock is crap?

i really like mine...solid as a framing hammer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:58:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MikeSearson:
i mounted on the reciver endplate.
i tried the top of the but and it kept getting in the way.

why do you think the stock is crap?

i really like mine...solid as a framing hammer.

check the collapsable stock tacked thread. i posted on one of the last pages.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:34:47 AM EDT
My SOCOM is pure unadulterated shit. I even ordered new parts for it and it will still collapse during fire. The only way it will not is if you lock the allen bolt inplace. I am glad to hear somebodies works.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:31:09 AM EDT
Mine has worked 100% reliably since the day I bought it. It's been through several carbine classes and 1000's of rounds and worked perfectly.
Top Top