Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:26:03 AM EST
How do you take off the front sling swivel. Just take a punch to the mushroomed side? Also could I just put it back on later if I wanted? Little help please.
Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:56:05 AM EST
Put an appropriate sized punch on the mushroomed area and drive it through. To put it back on you'll want a new rivet, which are like .50 cents.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:06:10 AM EST
Thank you very much.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:23:05 AM EST
I just removed the front swivel on one of my carbine uppers, after adding a GG&G slide sling. It was quite quick and simple, using a WECSOG method.

I have a homemade "tool" consisting of the front brass and steel needle part from an old dart (as in dartboard) I use as a punch from time to time. I simply placed the needle point in the center of the dished part of the rivet and smacked the brass end with a hammer. Collpased the dished part and drove the rivet right out. Might even be reuseable, but of no consequence as it's now in my spare parts drawer.

Lonny
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:45:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lawman734:
Put an appropriate sized punch on the mushroomed area and drive it through. To put it back on you'll want a new rivet, which are like .50 cents.

+1
Top Top