Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 6:50:00 PM EDT
Anyone ever install a sling swivel stud in their receiver end plate for single point sling attachment?

Does it work?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
KAC makes a great one, and Wes at MSTN has them on most of his rifles. I'd have them too, if I could ever find one.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Checkout the X-180 sling mount by Tactical Link.  I have one that I use with a CQB Solutions Mout sling.  It swivels left to right and right to left.  The sling is attached to the mount with a Uncle Mikes type QD sling swivel.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Checkout the X-180 sling mount by Tactical Link.  I have one that I use with a CQB Solutions Mout sling.  It swivels left to right and right to left.  The sling is attached to the mount with a Uncle Mikes type QD sling swivel.

$54.95 sounds like a lot. But it does look cool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Guy's
i have found that at Eagle Firearms Has right at or, better prices than most. Give it a look.

Just click on the pic

http://www.eaglefirearms.net/images/Daniel%20Defense/DD_EZ_mount_installed.jpg

Price at Eagle Firearms $38.00

Plus free shipping till 10 OCT 04 Hope this helps. RED
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Guy's
i have found that at Eagle Firearms Has right at or, better prices than most. Give it a look.

Just click on the pic

www.eaglefirearms.net/images/Daniel%20Defense/DD_EZ_mount_installed.jpg </a>

Price at Eagle Firearms $38.00

Plus free shipping till 10 OCT 04

Hope this helps. RED

So I wonder if the stock will close all the way with that thing in place?
I really like the DD stuff, that just looks so bulky.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Red,

Is there a stop that prevents the sling swivel from rubbing the buffer tube?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$54.95 sounds like a lot. But it does look cool.

Yeh, it is a little to much.  You get what you pay for.  I think the X-180 mount was worth it.  I don't regret it at all.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

members.cox.net/shawn22/telestock%20X-180.JPG
members.cox.net/shawn22/X-180a.JPGmembers.cox.net/shawn22/X-180b.JPG
members.cox.net/shawn22/X-180c.JPGmembers.cox.net/shawn22/X-180d.JPG

Great pics by the way.

I like the way you did your lettering.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys,

I have not used that part, so I do not know. I was just passing on a supplyer that has great prices. Sorry for the mix up. RED
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone make an receiver end plate mount with a horizontal hole (similar to the KAC #22051) that, instead of having a QD fitting for a swivel, just has a chamfered hole for a 550 cord loop "swivel"?

That would be ambidextrous, silent, out of the way and in the case of unintended highspeed contact, painless.

If it could be installed without having to disassemble the receiver extension that would be even better.  A lot of soldiers can't get away with taking their rifles apart to install receiver plates.  The Daniel Defense "EZ M4/CAR Mount" _almost_ fits the bill; if it had a hole perpendicular to the receiver extension tube instead of the mounting pin for the QD swivel parallel to the tube...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Does anyone make an receiver end plate mount with a horizontal hole (similar to the KAC #22051) that, instead of having a QD fitting for a swivel, just has a chamfered hole for a 550 cord loop "swivel"?

Don't quite understand what you are looking for, but would this work?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe just drill a hole in the receiver plate and add a sling eyelet and make a small loop through it with 550 cord. No metal to clank and make noise or damage the lower.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't quite understand what you are looking for, but would this work?
www.eaglefirearms.net/images/KAC%20images/KACBallLockMount.jpg

Not quite, but similar in theory...

Lifting another image from the Eagle Firearms site:

www.eaglefirearms.net/images/KAC%20images/KACM4StkSlingMt.jpg

Something like the end plate KAC uses there, but instead of a socket for the ball-detent sling swivel, just a chamfered hole for 550 cord.  No moving parts (that can load up with sand/dust and freeze) at all, just a horizontal hole under the receiver extension, perpendicular to the axis of the tube.

The KAC plate above could be used for this, but I'd just as soon not pay for features I don't plan on using, and I'm guessing the edges of the hole for the swivel are sharp enough rapid wear on 550 cord would be a real concern.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top