Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:18:55 PM EDT
I want to set up a sling, 2 point.  One attachment will be at the single point sling adapter; the other will be on the side of the forend, just forward of the receiver.

My single point attachment is the round kind, which requires a QD attachment.

I'm a lefty, and want to avoid the three point sling difficulties around the ejection port.

Looking for suggestions for attachments and sling brands/types.  Thanks!  GH
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Homemade Thing-a-ma-bob...

KAC swivel/Uncle Mike's in front
DD Burnsed Loop in the rear

other than needing a QRB, this set-up works pretty well for me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have railed handguards?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I reconfigured my Blue Force SOC-C sling into two point configuration for this exact carry method.  The SOC-C does incorporate a quick release buckle.  FWIW I'm running a KAC QD front base in the rearmost position on the rail and a KAC single point QD base.

I like the sling position as it clears up more mounting room for optional equipment on the FF RAS MRE when I need it.

As far as comfort goes this configuration gives me the carry comfort of the old three point style position I've used previously while simplifying it into something closer to the convenience of a single point sling.  While I like the idea behind a single point I've never found it to be that comfortable and disliked the swinging pendulum feel of the carbine hanging forward off my torso.

This is easily my favorite sling position and configuration.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
taggage
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump and a couple pics.

Modified old Tactical Tailor 3 point
MI QD rail mount adapter #08
MI QD single point mount #30 (Bravo Company has these)

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top