Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2012 8:06:59 AM EDT
I was going to order an Israeli sling for my idf clone build.

But...

Ordered a GI GP strap and going to make my own.

I am going to dremel off the front metal clasp and use some para cord to make a loop so I can run it through the FSB and pull it back through.

Now for the rear.

What's the best way to do this so I don't have to tie /  untie each time I want to switch stocks, etc...?

I'm thinking keeping the clasp on it and making a loop that I can run through the stock and then just clip the clasp to the loop.

I'm open for suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Think most have just tied it to the stock in retro era fashion copying retro pics.  Most ditch the clips due to noise factor.  Didn't want much rattling around while in the bush.  Square knot is about the easiest way to change out that I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
A detailed "How to" for what your doing: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/465306_Re_post__Field_Expedient_Sling.html

ETA: Did not read far enough into your post. Why would you want to be switching stocks so often?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top