Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:55 PM EST
I've looked at the pics...where do you put the sling?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:07:53 AM EST
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:51:24 AM EST
A little help on this, please.

I am on the market for a "tactical" sling for my new build. This build includes a Bushmaster 6-position stock and have no idea what mounting hardware there is on the stock (guess I should have checked before I ordered) for a sling.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:12:58 AM EST
There are 2 places: use the sling loop at the bottom of the stock; or directly above that, you can thread the sling through the slot and over the top of the stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:58:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By M4-guy:
There are 2 places: use the sling loop at the bottom of the stock; or directly above that, you can thread the sling through the slot and over the top of the stock.

I went this route, works well for me.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:03:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By Peacekeeper3073:

Steve

Which sling are you using with it? Single-point attachment?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:13:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:

Originally Posted By Peacekeeper3073:

Steve

Which sling are you using with it? Single-point attachment?

I am using a BlackHawk MP5 sling with the snaps removed. I have the front attached to a swivel in the YHM handguard. Here is the sling
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:15:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 3:17:54 PM EST by TNFrank]
Check out www.tacticallink.com/ they've got a nice single point sling set up. I just put one on my "no ban" build and I really like it. When you transistion from one shoulder to the other the sling swivels so it doesn't bind up on you. I think it's one of the best single point sling on the market. One nice thing about a set-up like this, you don't pull on the barrel and it's not hooked to your tele stock so you can adjust the stock in and out without messing with your sling. Check them out, I think you'll like em'.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:06:48 PM EST
It's such a pain in the ass when you don't often get the opportunity to play with each system. I am not sure a single-point will work for me and I am not sure it wouldn't. I have always looked at the Giles & CQB Solutions three-point slings.

Hell, it's only money. Maybe I'll get both.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:18:15 PM EST
I am useing the same single point sling mount but with a Z-M Systems single point sling mount... It works well for me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:31:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:
It's such a pain in the ass when you don't often get the opportunity to play with each system. I am not sure a single-point will work for me and I am not sure it wouldn't. I have always looked at the Giles & CQB Solutions three-point slings.

Hell, it's only money. Maybe I'll get both.

I love the CQB SOP sling.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:31:34 PM EST
You're likely to get a lot more feedback over on the "slings and accessories" forum on this same site.

Here is a link www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=19
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:43:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 3:44:13 PM EST by DM1975]
I think it is hard to get a respnose on that part of the forum myself... I think thats why people ask that stuff over here so much.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:30:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By DM1975:
I think it is hard to get a respnose on that part of the forum myself... I think thats why people ask that stuff over here so much.

Affirmative...hence my presence here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:35:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 4:45:19 PM EST by ddc]
understand... just wanted to give you another option; didn't realize things were so slow over there.

hopefully we'll get some more feedback as I'm interested in this issue myself.
Top Top