Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 10:01:17 AM EDT
So, I'm looking for everyone's current opinion on what is going to happen with the AW Ban now.
I would also like to know if anyone has a link to a good sight discussing information on the ban's sunset/renewal.  I checked the NRA page and couldn't find anything useful. I'm looking for information on who's likely to vote for renewal/letting it sunset, etc.
Also looking for what everyone thinks will happen and why, especially considering the make up of the White House/Senate/House now.
Thanks in advance for the input.

Here's hopeing for a beautiful sunset!
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
As it stands now AW94 WILL expire on September 13 2004. It is a fact. It is also a fact that it will come up in the house/senate for renewal. We can only hope that they will choose the logical course and not renew it. If so Every one of us can rejoice with out postbans and start ordering colapsing stocks and flash hiders. My personal oppinion is that due to the overwhelming sucsess of the GOP in this last election it will expire in '04. Trust me I can't wait.

JIM
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Trust me I can't wait.

Me either, I've got a list of things I want to buy for my post ban bushy, plus the post ban Olympic and post ban RRA I'm in the process of building.  Hopefully by then I'll have several more to outfit with those "evil" features.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Write your senators/representatives, let them know how we feel.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the first thing that we need to do is start a campaign to stop calling them "Assault Weapons" and start refering to them as "Homeland Defense Rifles", a good idea although it is not my original thought. Hearts and Minds time friends. Let us not play into the antis evil Assault Weapon name game. If it were a true AW it would be allowed to have a selective fire lever. And yes, we need to contact our Congress Critters and get them on board to let the law "sunset".  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top